SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures of the Spanish Scalextric Club 2004 special edition Mini Cooper:-

Pictures courtesy of David Lahoz, Slotcenter.

With kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
714 Posts
As original Minis go, that one looks very nice indeed.
I've always been fond of these cute little cars.

An 'interesting' Google translation of the first paragraph of Dvaid Lahoz' review . . .
QUOTE So and as at the moment we understand the automobile competition and its technological evolution, us can seem a little difficult to understand like a car like originally denominated Austin Seven of 1959 could be turned a model that prevailed in almost all the great rallies of its time. But the Mini ones supposed with their cross-sectional front motor a technological jump that was united to the creation of the first professional official equipment of rallies to arrive at that level of success.

Overall, it received a very favorable review.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that the headline would at least get Moped wound up!

Where is he anyway? Banned again?

Kind regards

Russell

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
If you are lucky enough to get on one of these look out for a factory error version!

Mine arrived with the rear bumper stuck on upside down! (with the exhaust sticking out of the boot!), i spoke to Tecnitoys and they said they would check the others!

Gareth

·
Registered
549 Posts
Nice model, but the dimensions on this are so way off it is frightening and I don't see anyone tearing Scalex apart for it?

Aaron

·
Registered
164 Posts
QUOTE (Gaugemaster Controls @ 18 May 2004, 10:44)Nice model, but the dimensions on this are so way off it is frightening and I don't see anyone tearing Scalex apart for it?

Aaron
Perhaps because it is a Spanish Scalextric which is SCX to the rest of the world
Surely Aaron the RX-4 motor was a bit of a giveaway........

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
714 Posts
Gaugemaster doing a volte face on 'bashing'?

QUOTE the dimensions on this are so way off it is frightening and I don't see anyone tearing Scalex apart for it?
Nor are we likely to and I doubt that anyone else is concerned about it.
Quote some real figures and it's still highly unlikely to happen.
The Mini 'looks' fine to me and SCX generally charge very fair prices without any OTT pretensions to fine scale models.
Fair prices for good models tend not to attract much if any criticism - just as it should be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts