SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
7,843 Posts
QUOTE Are they to have vintage Scalextric handling or not?

If by that you mean the kind of "handling", I use that term lightly here, that the old Metros displayed, then the answer is NO!

If you mean should they handle like the 1:1 then the answer is a most catagoric, YES!

Hell, they could save themselves some money and increase their dividends to the shareholders by not putting in the magnets.

QUOTE That should of course suit most folk here who prefer the more sedate slot car life with cars that have extremely narrow tyres.

Think again, Mope. High power and skinny tyres does not equal a sedate life. Not with a racing car. It requires a high level of two things: skill and courage.

If these cars end up as Margate Missiles then they are fools and rightly labelled such. Why, it would be as silly as slow running racing bikes on stabilizers that don't lean. D'oh!

I'm confused, nothing new you cry, I thought the TT was canned?

· Premium Member
7,843 Posts
QUOTE Look at the cost of similar cars produced without magnets. More than twice the price or more even?

The mass market would not stand it.

These cars WILL have magnets to keep the price reasonable.

Eh? Me no speakie Moped-speak. Me no follow your logic.

· Premium Member
7,843 Posts
Hmmm, them new Rx-41 motors sure ain't sedentary. I just picked up a dirty 911 GT-1 off Ebay, the one from the Le Mans track piece set, and boy does she fly! Sweet.

But I'm with you generally, I love my Ninco McLaren F1s that have the old Spanish motor in 'em.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.