SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Allan Wakefield
6,720 Posts
Moped you really do need to learn to do some basic research before you post and make your ridiculous statements.

Non mag cars are twice the price of those with ?

Ninco Classic - cheaper than Scalextric
Proslot - Cheaper than Scalextric

Both these Companies also produce magnet cars.

If you are alluding to the expensive resin cars coming onto the market more and more then yes- they are more expensive and normally without magnet (Ostorero are one exception) but aimed at a totally different market.

However, I sadly do agree that these cars will come with magnets and be capable of earning the label 'Margate Missile'.

I just hope they will run in character when these magnets are removed.

But! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! no redesigning them so they run like old Scalextric cars!!!!!

· Allan Wakefield
6,720 Posts
QUOTE We all have our preferences but please don't knock folk who like the simple slot car life and who want to race slot cars that look as if they are handling like small scale versions of their full size counterparts.

Very true Moped and I agree entirely but isn't it also about time YOU stopped ramming Scalextric and magnets down our throats as the ONLY real alternative to Life, the Universe and Everything?

This magnet/non magnet debate is never ending and will always pop up from time to time. There IS no right answer, just personal preference AS IT SHOULD BE!

Sure a Modern F1 car does not look right fishtailing round the track but also an Old Vanwall would not look right screaming round the track at a scale 600 MPH, glued to the track !

Then stating things like - "ALL other controllers will be redundant once the Scalextric Digital ones hit the streets" is complete bollox, designed to inflame and not actually doing Scalextric ANY favours at all so why are you CONSTANTLY suprised when you get flamed or drowned in posts that state exactly the opposite view to yours for the sake of it??

I bet Scalextric wish you would shut up sometimes too ehh? You actually generate just as much negative feeling and publicity for them in your rantings as you do positive.

· Allan Wakefield
6,720 Posts
QUOTE So please let us get off the personal paranoia tack.

You talking about me?????

Who else are you talking to about me???????

· Allan Wakefield
6,720 Posts
My point exactly Al - Maybe those two teams need to look at magna traction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.