SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
265 Posts
What conundrum? Scaley will produce what they think they can sell everywhere. Not much in their catalogue caters more to wooden track racing specifically. If one uses magnets, they are there (aimed more toward home racers), if not, then it is easily removed. I have been thinking that 1/32 scale is mostly directed at home racers, thus the scale. On large, wooden, etc. tracks the 1/24 scale seems the "proportional" choice, what with their easily tuned rocket(ness) and easy viewing on a large circuit. They are also much more realistic and fun to control in a slip and slide technique around the track. Face it, 1/32 cars are rarely graceful as they whip back and forth, jitterbugging out of a turn. The precision required to pilot a 1/32 car at speed lends itself more to home racing. They seem suited to a smaller(than commercial tracks) layout. On large, wooden tracks there is nothing like a well developed 1/24 car. In that environment the 1/32 cars look like H.O.(too small to see well, and lost in a large space). Next, I'll tell you how I really feel.

· Registered
265 Posts
The beauty of the P.M. controller is that needing several controllers becomes unnecessary. Financially a wash, as one device serves for many.
Cheers!

· Registered
265 Posts
The "best" is whatever works well and satisfies the user. This applies across the board in much of life. That explains the myriad approaches to just about every task or problem or process..... Some people like having five controllers for their cars, some have sought out a single device to use for all, some like the driving with magnets, some do not. These are all approaches to our having fun in this corner of the universe. Try not to take this hobby too seriously. We race and drive in the "twilight zone". Seeking that "total immersion" as the cars run well around the circuit is reason enough to obsess the details. I try to keep it in perspective, I do it for fun. I'll suffer any and all fools or geniuses as I progress to slot car "sageliness". One day the kids will think I am the "guru of the groove" and I shall do my best to pollute them with the fine "disease" of slot car racing. I believe if I keep at it I will be able to fool them all!!!!!

The blessings of the plastic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.