SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5,404 Posts
Oh dear - I had hoped that loopy logic had been sloughed off during the rest period.
QUOTE Look at the cost of similar cars produced without magnets. More than twice the price or more even? The mass market would not stand it. These cars WILL have magnets to keep the price reasonable.
Arghhh!
What gobbledegook!

Having no magnet is most certainly not the reason why 'similar cars' cost 'twice the price or more even'!

QUOTE Mecoprop has got the right idea but Carrera already have the patent for a sliding magnet so neither Scaley or anybody else can do it. See the patent reference in the Carrera catalogue
Words almost fail me, but thank goodness, not quite.

1. Carrera's magnet setup hardly bears the faintest resemblance to Mecoprop's well thought through suggestion.
2. In direct contradiction to the Mopedian statement, Scalextric HAVE produced something very like it, ALREADY.

Dammit, I didn't think I would need my tranquillisers QUITE so soon!

· Registered
5,404 Posts
There is a consistent message from what might be called the anti-mag brigade.

It is pefectly simple and it is this:
1. Design the cars to run well without magnets
2. Make it easy to ADD magnet(s) for those who desire (preferably without having to dismantle the car AT ALL).
What could possibly be simpler to understand?

Off topic comment, wearing Mods Hat for a moment - I see NOTHING wrong with anything Lotus ACTUALLY posted. He merely saved others the bother of pointing out some very obvious factual inconsistencies.
So please let us get off the personal paranoia tack.

· Registered
5,404 Posts
QUOTE And, if you think about it, the only reason the modern F1 will fishtail (or exhibit "tail out cornering" as Moped put it), without magnets fitted, is because the person controlling it isn't doing it very well.
100% support from the Tropi corner.
Trouble is that 'thinking about it', poses an insuperable problem in some cases!
it doesn't matter how ANY car is set up, if the driver is incapable of driving within the car's limits, no matter how incredibly high those limits may be, then it will exceed them and it WILL go off the track. This applies to all vehicles and it is a tribute to the skill of F1 drivers that it happens so relatively rarely, but it DOES happen.

· Registered
5,404 Posts
Attainment of ultimate 'Slot Sagacity' could earn the title of "Slot City Sage"!
Which reminds me - I wonder if any dealers have any inkling as to the set up of these cars?
I'd take a guess that these cars are going to come with a small disc mag of some sort, which is ok with me as long as it's easy to remove and, if necessary, replace.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.