SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,424 Posts
Nice find Gio, thx for posting.

As for the C8R, I like what is shown, C8R clearly done much in the same way as the AMR Vantage.
Nice clean and detailed body.
Same construction method for the rear valance/bumper
Body float no problem with this car.
Should be a "stock" favorite

Looks like a nice future project to convert the car to DiSCA LM GT spec. in cooperation with ProSpeed.
Do see one minor "issue" in converting the C8R from inline to AW/SW configuration.
As shown in video the C8R has two body post at the rear...and one of them will interfere with an AW/SW spur.
But..not a very big problem for DiSCA GTLM rules.

With kind regards
Tamar

·
Premium Member
5,612 Posts
Slot Car News had a video last night.

As expected, he thought it was 'fantastic', 'amazing', 'incredible', etc, etc. Yawn.🙄

Actually, I forgive him for this one because I'm sure a 'Vette would get any ex-colonial excited.🙄

I'll pass, though.

Edit
Great to see Scaley sticking with inline and making their cars easier to fettle. 🙏

·
Registered
225 Posts
Personally I wish Scalextric would get off the schnide and get the two Esprits delivered. Pendle says MAYBE June (fingers crossed), I've seen other sources say December, and even 2022!

Our club runs a Carrera GT class, so I hope Carrera comes out with the C8 as well.

·
Rich Dumas
3,633 Posts
Carrera will have a C8R, but the introduction has been delayed, possibly until next year.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Some tire lettering would really brighten up those dark wheel wells.

As for Wankel Ickx, I think we should start a Go Fund Me account to send him one Ford GTE and one Corvette every week for at least a year.

·
Premium Member
5,612 Posts
Ha! Do it! I'd eBay the blighters, double quick.

·
ParrotGod
8,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I noticed the 4 body posts which I thought strange given that they have been sticking to the 3 body posts configuration since introducing the inline and flat tray changes.

I have to say that I am not a big fun of the C8R....I think it looks too similar to a R8 or Acura NSX. But after looking at that video, I was really amazed on how crisp the details are.

So well done Simon and the team....I am looking forward to the new AMG Evo.

·
Premium Member
5,612 Posts
Ha! Fool, me! Just seen that the videos in the first post are Dave's.

Really don't see the point in sending the car round that tiny track. 🤪

Is it any colour - or color - you like as long as it's yellow with these machines??

·
ParrotGod
8,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Of course are Dave's videos...did you not recognize the signature catch phrase "shall we?!?"? ;-)

They also come in metallic gray...with yellow stripes.

·
Premium Member
5,612 Posts
I didn't watch the OP's vid's 'cos, well, 'Vettes. 😬

And I assumed - I know not why - that they were Scalextric USA productions. 🤷‍♂

Found the grey ones. Yeah, still going to pass. But I do increasingly think it's a good model of a car I have no interest in.

As you were.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
From what I have heard, the US market dwarfs the UK market for slot cars (sorry Wankle). Corvettes (and the Corvette racing team) are extremely popular over here, so I think this will sell VERY well here, and probably be a big hit for Scaley.

Im not a huge Vette fan (we live off Route 66, so this is usually the only exotic car we see here), but I think I will pick one up as modern endurance racing isnt the same without the Corvettes.

I think Scaley did a nice job with this model. Looking forward to owning it.

Heath

·
ParrotGod
8,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Scalex has done a very good job also with the C6R...plenty of more liveries for that one but still a very nice model.

This one looks really good and for sure a couple will find their way in my big boxes that live under my track...To be honest I run out of space and all the current arrivals are accumulating in the my office room.

·
Tel
4,077 Posts
Its a pity Scalextric don't sell the body/interior separately.

They make great bodies but that chassis looks like most of theirs, weak around the motor and rear axle area promoting flex and therefore hopping once some tyres with actual grip have been fitted, of course none of this as noticable with stock magnets on stock track.

If the width of this car is decent, it might make it into my collection as I love the C8 looks, but I foresee a minimum of rear bracing required and a swap of rear axle, bushings and gears to avoid the toy fit slop of the original.

·
Rich Dumas
3,633 Posts
Possibly someone will do a 3D printed chassis for the Scalextric C8R. You could also put the body on a Slot.it HRS or HRS2 chassis.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts