Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my digital lambourghinis has completly stopped working, To begin with it would registure the controller and jurk a bit but now it does does nothing on both the basic and advanceded power bases. Any help?
Also i wrecked one of the heads of the screws and cant get the body off, Does any one have any tips?
Thanks ben

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Hang on a minute ........ try the simple things first.

After the braid, check the wires that run from the pickup points to the chips as these have a habit of breaking; they should be yellow and green.

Sometimes a small flat-bladed screwdriver can remove difficult cross-head screws.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
from experience i also recomend trying the wire as it exits the pick ups from the braid plate,the wire can snap inside the plastic sheath and the break is invisible to the eye.

Easy way to test it is to hold the wire where it exits and apply small amount of upwards tension,i there is resistence then the cable inside should be okay but if the plastic sheath starts to act like elastic band you have found the break.

Failing the flat blade screwdriver it might be time to whip out a pilot drill and drill the head off.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
QUOTE i wrecked one of the heads of the screws
QUOTE I eventually ripped the head off the screw
It seems to me that you are being rather brutal with this car ........ if you live in the UK, please PM me and I fix it for you for no charge.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
nice offer Greg.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
fancy doing a workshop at Gaydon this year Greg.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
what are you lot like????

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
QUOTE (GregK @ 9 Jan 2012, 17:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It seems to me that you are being rather brutal with this car ........ if you live in the UK, please PM me and I fix it for you for no charge.

Ok 47 cars boxed and ready to ship to you

Now where's Gregs address

·
Living the Life&#33;
11,082 Posts
the outcome .............

When I received the car I opened it up to find .......
View attachment 9571
Now that's what I call navel fluff! So after a jolly good seeing to with the Dyson and replacing the chassis, I noticed ......
View attachment 9572
The braid plate was just not sitting straight. Further investigation revealed ......
View attachment 9573
The Ferrite Man's foot would not sit fully into the guide plate. Feeling like a later day Sherlock Holmes, I found that the solder on the foot had a huge blob of solder attached to it which was removed. The foot now fitted correctly and the braid plate sat properly and all was sorted in less than 10 minutes.

Now anyone who wants to knock the Post Office ought to know that I took the parcel to my village PO at 2:30 and it arrived in a remote part of Scotland by the first post the next day ....... now that is what I call a service!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts