SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me see if I've got this right.

1) Any Scalextric digital car, or any car converted with a Scalextric chip, will run on either Scalextric digital or non-digital track.

2) Any non-digital car, Scalextric or otherwise, will only run on Scalextric non-digital track.

So, one of the problems appears to be that, if you go Scalextric digital, all of your cars must be converted to digital in order to run. However, if I understand rightly, one could swap out the digital controller section of Scalextric digital and replace it with the non-digital controller section and -- voila -- all cars can be run in non-digital mode and only one section of track had to be changed. Granted, you may have quite a few lane change sections that will be problematic, but either these could be swapped out or a judicious layout could accept them in the same position for digital or non-digital racing.

The ideal circumstance would be a switch on the digital unit that switched it between digital and non-digital mode. Hint, hint. Wink. Nudge.

So, running digital doesn't seem to me to create many of the feared problems. You can have it both ways at some cost and little trouble. One could choose a few cars for digital mode... leave the rest as is.

Do the other brands of digital tracks and cars also accomodate this flexibility? I'm thinking of getting two brands of tracks, just to have some different set-up options.

Hope I've got this right.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts