SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have a couple of scalextric digital questions which I am hoping you
guys will know the answers to

1) Are scalextric planning a lane change on a straight ?

Second question - read it all before responding.

2) Can I run old (analog) cars on a digital setup ? , I already know that to make use
of digital features I need to install a chip - but does the powerbase have an option
for running analog cars (obviously with no lane changes etc) - so I can run cars I don't want to / haven't got round to fitting chips to.
I am planning buying the digital set this xmas to integrate into my first permanent track
BUT am now worried I am going need to spend a small fortune (which I would rather spend on more lane changes) and alot of time fitting chips to them all.

Thanks in advance guys

Chris

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (slotcity @ 14 Oct 2004, 11:11)There is no 'analogue' option on the digital powerbase, though it would of been nice.
Jon,
Slot City.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the answer Jon , you are right - its would have been a fantastic option , all
they gotta do is vary voltage to track dependent on throttle position (ala digital controllers) which a switch one way and with it the other do all the normal
digital gubbins.
I feel that is a big oversite of Scalextric - if I was to buy someone a digital set for
Xmas (I was thinking of getting my dad one) but then they were to find out that
they got to fit little chips in the cars if they buy different makes or even non-digital
scalextric cars they would be mighty peeved and be putting the set in the local paper
before you know it.

I hope (and pray) that they have come to their senses and done this as a last minute thing or someone such as yourselfs find an easy way round it as swapping powerbases is just not going to be an option on a permanent track.

Thanks
Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.