SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only got my hands on it today and was impressed at the quality of this latest offering from Scalextric. It is impressive in many areas from the thickness of the pages to the photography and when you peruse everything that they outline inside you can`t help but be impressed. Not everything is for me but you can`t help thinking that Scalextric is the world leader after looking through this nice piece of work.

I was most impressed and happy to see the spares list tucked away listing a variety of pinions,gears with grub screws,axles , silicon tyres, ball race bearings and turned aluminium wheels. Personaly, although a lot less glamourous than some of the big launches ,I think that this addition to their armoury will be the single biggest progressive move forward for the brand for the racer. I can`t wait to get my hands on them and I will seriously be very happy the day I can compete at the front edge of our club racing by using a Scalextric car

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
QUOTE be very happy the day I can compete at the front edge of our club racing by using a Scalextric car

yes, though you will have to spend the price of the car on mods anyway!

Rob.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don`t think so Int
I reckon it`s a matter of gearing right. You seen the options they are offering? Looks good to me
Cheers for letting us know it was out cos after your post showing that digital thingymebobdoodlethip I thought I`d better get one

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Being the age I am I have a deep affection for the 60s catalogues, especially the artwork, but I think the new catalogue is very good in its way.

With my communications hat on I do wonder, however, at the wisdom of having the Lister (the least famous car in the catalogue, surely) on the cover.

Scott

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very good point and surprise here but I am nuts about the 60`s artwork . I have two of the metal signs, repro modern type that use the 60`s art and to me that image just says it all. I haven`t used them at the club or anything but I just love that art work.

If I`m honest I don`t like many modern cars but I suppose you have to move on eh?

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
QUOTE surprise here but I am nuts

No, we've been edging towards that conclusion for some time.

Actually, those of us on the East of the Atlantic are nuts for sitting up talking about slot cars at this time of the night.

Anyway, enough of this banter. It must bore the others, well, to sleep frankly.

Scott

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes ok. But to be quite honest I`d rather you slept in your own bed tonite Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts