SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I got this car from my wife, who after a couple of years finally gave up trying to find the right gift for my birthday, Father’s Day, San Valentines, etc, and agreed to buy me something that I really , really like 😁.
Tire Light Motor vehicle Wheel Hood

Of course the learning curve is still there and she needs to learn where to buy other than Amazon, but I truly appreciate her efforts in finding a car that “I don’t have”(fortunately this year Jr has adviced her better).

So what to do with a simple Slot car made for entry level and kids?
Well at least I had to find a better livery and chose this:

Automotive tire Wood Road surface Wheel Asphalt

Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Road surface Toy

Simple, as the car it’s not a state of the art model but at least got some life there and won’t get lost on any track due to the yellow color 😄

I tuned up the chasis and gears as I want it to run properly without magnet.

Will update this job soon.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
I tuned up the chasis and gears as I want it to run properly without magnet.
If it's anything like the one I bought for the one mile challenge it'll need about 1kg of lead in it's nose to stop it de-sloting on a whim :rolleyes:

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it's anything like the one I bought for the one mile challenge it'll need about 1kg of lead in it's nose to stop it de-sloting on a whim :rolleyes:

View attachment 293572
Haven’t raced it yet, but initial mods were fitting longer (50 mm)axles so that the car has a better stance and could take easier the bends, slot it pinion 11T was installed and crow changed for a Slotmania generic crown(bronze/plastic) 25T, bronze bushings also were fitted in the rear axle.

If the guide is the problem, I could try fitting a 3dp guide , but will wait to see if the mods already done are good enough, the goal is to get it running very close to a Scx-Altaya F1 car, the motor shouldn’t be the problem as its powerful enough, the handling is another story.

Cheers

·
Registered
188 Posts
Haven’t raced it yet, but initial mods were fitting longer (50 mm)axles so that the car has a better stance and could take easier the bends, slot it pinion 11T was installed and crow changed for a Slotmania generic crown(bronze/plastic) 25T, bronze bushings also were fitted in the rear axle.

If the guide is the problem, I could try fitting a 3dp guide , but will wait to see if the mods already done are good enough, the goal is to get it running very close to a Scx-Altaya F1 car, the motor shouldn’t be the problem as its powerful enough, the handling is another story.

Cheers
This F 1 open wheeler is smaller then all the other F 1 open Wheeler's from Scalextric. Fitted MJK 4207 20.8 x 9.6 tyre height and with urethane tyres . MJK 4208 20.7 x 11.7 should also fit
if extra width maters. Only had the 4207 so that' it for the time being.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Nice project, Daniel. Camel livery duly noted. Incidentally, the designer of the BMC Mini, Alec Issigonis, once claimed that "a camel is a horse designed by a committee."
So, what does that make his Mini? A clever package with no chance of selling it for what it cost to build - maybe a camel designed by an egotist?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts