1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Reference No: C2995
Class: Endurance
Availability: December 2009

History: The Ford GT 2004 is a modern version of the Ford GT40 from the 1960s. The car is now being entered into GT racing around the world.

Features: High detail. Working lights fitted front and rear. Magnatraction and quick change braid plate. Digital ready chassis. Wide rear axle gives excellent road-holding attributes which will make this car a must for the racer.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Don't know about you guys but the Scaley version looks like the rear wing is angled forward in an abnormal way. DJ's looks much better to me. Anyone else think that or have I just been in front of the computer too long???

-- Rakete --

·
Registered
94 Posts
I agree with Rakete. The Scaley one's wing does look angled wierdley. As for the rest of the car, most new Scaley's that I have lookked at in the flesh recently have looked bad quality.

Regards,

Elliott

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Thanks for the comments, I did show the car on the forum a couple of years ago when I made it.

Although the stripes should be black I did them blue, but I was really pleased with the home made decals.

I'm sure Scalextric have only made this model because one of their "slot spies" saw my car on this forum..

I do think the Scalextric version is superb, the spoiler looks a bit odd but perhaps it's just a bit out on the prototype.
I didn't think this car would ever get made and was surprised to see it announced. It's a must for all Gran Turismo fans. Well done Scaley...

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Yeah, although it looks OK it's only stuck on with superglue and would probably fall off at the first corner..

Just looked at Scalextric.Com and they'll want £40 for the GT. Add their £5.88 postage charge and that's a pricey GT.!!
(Although as they nicked my idea I think they should send me one for free..!!!
)

·
David J
3,182 Posts
QUOTE (loosesalute @ 14 Nov 2009, 22:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How did you make those lovely decals DJ? They are really impressive...
They were surprisingly easy, the hard part was designing them which I did in Microsoft paint mostly (took a bit of time and lots of fannying around), I then pasted them into a word document and resized them to the right dimensions, I did a sheet for clear background and a sheet for white background decals. I bought some ink-jet printer water-slide decal paper from somewhere in cyberspace and then printed my word documents onto it. After sealing the decals with a waterproof spray (clear laquer) they were cut to size and applied to the car (waterslide just like on the old airfix kits). To say I just have a £50 Epson printer I was amazed by the results, the level of detail achievable is very high.

I'm sure there'll be a "How to" on here somewhere which will no doubt make more sense than my exlaination.

DJ

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.