SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've pretty much trashed the guide assembly thingie that goes underneath the part linked below & am having a hard time locating one. I'm looking for the actual guide assembly & lead wires with metal ends. This guide looks different than other Scaley guides I've seen pictures of but I could be wrong, it's the only Scalextric car I own. Also is there a 3rd party guide that would fit the Ford GT Sport. TIA

www.fantasyworldhobbies.c...rodID=3062

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You need the following parts

W8373 Guide Blades and Spring (Approx £2.50)

W8587 Spring Retainer (Approx £2.00)

W8491 Contacts & Screws (Approx £1.50)

Should be able to order them from most Scalextric service agents.

Geoff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hey thanks! I've seen those parts but I swear they look different than what's on this car but then again I'm not exactly sure.

ie: There's no screws on the contacts on this GT40.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks! I've seen those parts but I swear they look different than what's on this car but then again I'm not exactly sure.

Which model have you got ? give me the model number and make, and i can let you know if they are the correct part numbers

Geoff

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just had a look at mine. Its a screw-down affair that I may replace with a Slot-it #10 screw-down guide when it breaks. The discs with the pick-up braids are easy to find but I see no mention of the guide flag itself for sale. Maybe you'll have to contact Scaley directly? How'd you break that, anyway?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Geebee @ 18 Jan 2005, 02:23)Which model have you got ? give me the model number and make, and i can let you know if they are the correct part numbers
Geoff
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey thanks, appreciate it!

#C2570A
Ford GT 2003
Sport

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
QUOTE (Harry Porsche @ 18 Jan 2005, 02:33)Just had a look at mine. Its a screw-down affair that I may replace with a Slot-it #10 screw-down guide when it breaks. The discs with the pick-up braids are easy to find but I see no mention of the guide flag itself for sale. Maybe you'll have to contact Scaley directly? How'd you break that, anyway?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay well like it was new guy here's first car that he was having a blast slipping & sliding around corners with the mag up front. Maybe there wasn't enough slack in the guide wires or maybe I just trashed it too many times but the wires making contact with the guide frayed/broke(unseen to the eye) and eventually after I figured it out I got after it with a soldering gun and hit the guide so it melted a little where the metal clips slide in. I have it rigged to work right now but it needs help.

Hey the Slot.it #10 is a no mod needed fit for the Gt 40?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Might need to slightly shorten the post on the Slot-it guide, maybe a small washer. The most change would be using the wire tips and regular braidstock....way easier to get and use. For now I'll leave it alone, it works

1 - 10 of 10 Posts