SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5,158 Posts
With guides - and especially with the unique new scalextric guides - making the guide shallower is a simple task - get a file, even a nail file, and shorten it! Making it deeper is NOT easy, or even possible, except for those of highly developed scratch building skills.

· Registered
5,158 Posts
nice work de38! I will try that soon, it doesn't look too difficult (tried something similar with masking tape and sloidifying it with superglue, which kind of worked but wore out after a week or so).

In that case Scalextric can go on making short guides and I will stop moaning about it!

· Registered
5,158 Posts
the point still remains some of us DO prefer magnets, some of us DO prefer deeper guides, and some of us DO prefer higher speeds. And for those who haven't found DE38's excellent tip, it is easier to shorten a blade than deepen one.

My preference is for both shalllow and deep blades to be available. Since cars are provided with mags, a deep guide would be more appropriate as the standard sort, and I know many non mag racers who prefer a deeper guide too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.