SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave Master 8 the keys to the Pirtek Falcon BA for a test run. He's quite the driver having started on lesser Formulas as a toddler. He was attaining quite good speed and body roll through the fastest corner of this section photographed here. Lap after lap the Falcon seemed loathe to deslot. Just fiddled around/ set up for a photo to look at the guide depth. The cars are capable of such unrealistic speed nowadays, I dont really want the cars to go any faster. I think if they hang on at these speeds,.... the guide blades are deep enough and thats good enough.

So, the question is,.. Model motor racing ,or, the need for "Wing car" speed.

Should Hornby put on the brakes!

· Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm!
Not sure Trop.

The new track system has some positive points which have been addressed during the upgrade from the classic system. For one, the track itself is now harder to bend up at the ends ( steady boys, I said harder not impossible) when people lean on it to retreive a car on a well built layout. Mainly because more points are supported by a flatter more stable design on the base of the Sport track. Maybe the slot just got deeper during this Sport track revamp. Someone from Hornby would know if its just worked out that way or it was done purposely with the future in mind..

But my point was, older non-magnetic Scalextric cars with the old black guides were quick enough and still perform faultlessly in my opinion. Do the new cars fall out any easier?? Maybe not. After all, its like a Rugby ball, you have to wonder about anyone who can't bounce a ball on the ground and kick it over the posts from the half-way line. Its so simple to do. It only takes practice. You should be able to do this with either foot.

We took the magnets out of the V8's and bounce them up and down all over the rumble strips, at a great rate of knots. What a hoot. Stay on fine.

It just seems that all of a sudden some think we should start attaching a "keel!"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.