SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Brian Ferguson
4,318 Posts
Personally, I think it's probably easier to fit a TSRF guide than to try to make a standard guide deeper. The TSRF unit also gives you the ability to fit commercial braid, and, as I did on my F1 proxy car, allows for soldering lead wires direct to the braid tabs (where it will fit). And you can easily shape the guide to whatever profile suits you. I'd rather cut out a bit of chassis than try to make a standard blade something that it wasn't to begin with. But that's just me.

· Brian Ferguson
4,318 Posts
QUOTE "absolutely NO cars with the back end hanging out in the turns"

See Gilles Villenerve's driving for details...

And... he was even doing it in the era of turbos and ground-effects. He wasn't alone even then though, there were others, like Arnoux, who could put them through turns at ridiculous angles without burying them in the walls.

The 60's F1 proxy car I built, even though I don't think I ran it for more than 20 laps or so (had to mail it off ASAP.... or so I thought but that's been recounted elsewhere, right, dear?
) brought back many memories of the older F1's slithering around Mosport.

It's true that modern F1's, Sports cars, etc., don't look like they are drifting, but lesser cars and older cars definitely do! Give me no-mag for some real fun!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.