SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone explain to me all the different types of guide blade and there purpose. ive got 2 cars with black guides, 3 with the blue self centering guides, and the fabia has a round thing? whats the purpose of all the different (i dont know if there any more) types? and whats the best?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
The round one one the Fabia is the newest invention from Scaly.
Its easy to change the braids on that type of guide.
On Scaly track, i guess, they work fine.
The blue and black, i think, are the same just different colors.

·
Registered
230 Posts
QUOTE The blue and black, i think, are the same just different colors.

Not quite. The older black ones have a longer post, and have no notch for a centering spring like the blue ones.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if i spin out on a corner with either the fabia or the black guides, i just reslot and drive on (after putting the black ones straite) but if i deslot wiv the blue ones, theres a loud CLICK as the guide comes out of its hole, so u have to lift the car up, replace the guide, and then reslot. it means that time taken reslotting is more than doubled, wich sux in colse races!

·
Registered
230 Posts
You could try opening the hole for the guide to swing more, but sounds like you really need to keep that rear-end tucked in better.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i would, but thats just boring! lol. also, i came back after a weekend away from uni and suddenly round my track to be reali spillerey. thort it was the cars, but ive found that a thin layer of dust and fibers has formed ontop the track, the aircon in tis place is rubbish!!! (its more like a little filter in a wall

·
1 hp Trabant is not my real car
770 Posts
The blue ones are supposed to self centre so that you can put the car back in the slot withought having to straighten the guide. If yours goes "click" and needs re-aligning, then it is faulty...the spring is probably out of the notch at the top of the post.

Aircon .... at uni... in UK.... Sheesh, modern youth

Cheers, Tom.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its a brand new building, and its its more an air circulating system, but it still sux. i looked insode my yelow opel DTM (the worst culprit for clicking guides) and found that the pring is in place fine, but when the guide turnes, the sring just lifts up and out of the grove, meaning it doesnt self center at all!!!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i tried, but it was late and i thort it was gonna break (the spring is wedged in well). ill give it a go somewhen else

1 - 10 of 10 Posts