SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Apart from the obvious ones on the old style BLMC Minis, are Scalextric hubs more or less the same size or do they vary from model to model??

Thanks for any replies .....

·
Prof I T
11,185 Posts
Hi
During my recent upgrade to my lmp and sports gt collection to urethane tyres I found that the raised rib in the centre of the wheel does come in a few different widths.

I found the easiest way to measure them was to purchase at a very favourable price a digital vernier caliper from Aldi.

One oddball appeared in the swapover,this being a Audi R10tdi wich had a rib of over 6mm, most are just over 3mm.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone ..... great link Peter, that gives me a lot to think about

·
Circuit Owner
5,923 Posts
Hi Greg'

Why exactly do you ask? I've got tons of Scalextric cars vintage and modern and there are a few quite common tyres and a few oddities.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have 200+ digified Scalextric cars mostly in groups of 6 and all reflashed to Incar-Pro. Some will need re-shoeing shortly and I was looking at buying bulk tyres rather than the odd set here and there. It struck me that quite a few of the tyres are the same size or as near as damn it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.