SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Brand new to Digital slots, new member, and this is my first post...

First off....Hello everyone...especailly RichG, Andrew, and Riko....i've already learned a bunch from everyone, and your posts sold me on getting into digital slots and picking Scalextric. So, Thanks all!!

I'm having an issue with lane changes....it might be by design, but i find it annoying...
I have the Digital Platinum set, straight out of the box set-up (haven't received my Pit-Pro Deluxe from Riko yet....can't wait), SSDC 5, and the APB has the latest SSDC firmware, 1.9.

So, here's the rub...when approaching the LC track, a press of the LC button will change lanes as expected...however, at the next LC track section, the car changes lanes again, all on its own...no button. Is that by design, or am I just doing it wrong?

One other thing...Pace cars...i've got the basics down...recording pace data, setting start speed, target lap and such...will need to do some tweaking, which i'm looking forward to...(IT system admin is my trade, so this whole digital thing is a blast). the question is, how to get the pace car to run during Free Practice...
FP is on, Run Pace Cars in FP is depressed, but no joy. I'm trying to record some more data, to fine tune the Pace cars, and it's easier to do that in FP......

Mark

PS: Sorry all, should have posted this in /digital/scalextric

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
QUOTE however, at the next LC track section, the car changes lanes again
Mark ..... are you say that this happens when the car encounters the next LC section or when it comes back to the LC section where you requested a LC?

Greg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greg,
It's at the next LC track section...
And the same is true if i TC button at the 'second' LC track section, it will auto-change lanes at the 'first' LC track section...(first being the first TC after the APB)...
Mark

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
This is an interesting one ....
A car is always transmitting the "straight ahead" call as it drives around the track. The reason for this is because once a car passes over to the next track the flipper remains in the changed position so any car approaching needs to have it set to straight ahead unless you want to change; this is the default setting. If the next LC is also changing for you without a request then it would appear that someone has put the solenoids in the wrong slots underneath the track. If you turn the XLC over, you will see a black cover with 5 screws in it, remove those and swap the solenoids over on the side that's causing the grief. The solenoids are the yellow barrels with the purple wires attached to them ..... try not to pull them apart.

While you are at it, it would be worth while testing the other lane just in case the same mistake was made.

All the best - Greg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the thing...it's both sides....i can be in either lane, approaching either LC track, if i hit the LC button, i change lanes, but at the next LC track, it changes me right back, as if i hit the LC button again....or, somehow the single LC button triggers BOTH LC tracks to change as i approach...but that doesn't make sense, because the 'next' LC track wouldn't 'hold' the gate in the 'change' postition that long, would it?
maybe it's in the SSDC somewhere....track pit in min/max...even though i'm not running Fuel Management....
i just realised...i haven't tested this with the stock setup, no SSDC......that will verify if it's a hardware issue....

mark

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
It most certainly is not SSDC; lane changing is soley controlled by the in car chip. The chip is always transmitting the "straight ahead" code ....... if the solenoids are reversed then the "straight ahead" code will be interpreted as a "change lane" command, hence the unrequested lane change.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Is it possible that the lane changers have some? of the solenoids incorrectly wired, giving change when there should be no change?

Put together a circuit with one XLC only fitted & confirm that both lanes work Change & no Change correctly, then substitute the other one & check that is ok or not.

Rich

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rich,
I'll do just that...test one at a time.
but, it's still odd...the involuntary lane change ONLY happens after i initiate the first change...
i never get a lane change if i don't hit the LC button....so, if the solenoid is crossed, wouldn't it always do the lane change?
-mark

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
In that case it could well be a controller issues
Check that the buttons release properly as it may be stuck and sending the signal even though you are not pressing it any more
As they work on a resistance value so the PB knows what to do

Michael

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK..had some time to test...i think i found it...how to fix..i have no idea....
the left lane flippers of the LC tracks don't respond to the 'no change' constant signal. it will respond to the 'change' signal, after i manually move it back to 'straight'. The right lane flippers will swtich to 'no change' as expected and trigger for 'change' as expected. Basically, the left lane flippers will stay at the last position, period. Once they're in 'change', they won't go back.

i tested with 2 cars and 2 controllers, same results.

now, one the left lane flippers doesn't respond at all, not even 'change' button.

markle

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Almost certainly the increasingly common problem of the pin coming out of the plastic piece. Take the bottom off & have a look.

Rich

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rich,
you nailed it...both pins were out on the left lanes.....on both LC track sections...
...man, made in china...what can you say?
Thanks a bunch Rich!
-mark

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Hi Mark,
I used an F1 DPR chip LINK

1 - 16 of 16 Posts