SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to pick up on the points raised.

There are 10000 models to be made in total.

The Sport Edition is out now and the Standard Edition is due out in the second quarter. The difference between the Sport and Standard, apart from the box, are the axels and rear axel bushings. It is possible to upgrade to the Sport Edition by adding the ground axels and rear metal bushings.

The pod is quite a cool feature. It is very solid and won't wear out with wear. It is recessed into the chassis and it's movement can be controlled by the single rear screw mounted just behind the rear axel. The pod concept would be useful in long endurance races allowing you - if the rules permit - to change motor/axel/gears/wheels in one go. I doubt that any home racer would have an interest in keeping multiple configurations for quick changing though.

To get the pod out, the rear wheels are pinched quite a bit and this would mess up any wheel that was trued and glued to the rim.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
QUOTE (phipster @ 21 Apr 2004, 22:25)... It would be great if there was a section where records could be kept by car of lap times on a standard track layout that readers could submit.
Yep this is a good idea. I suggest a 75 ft 4-lane little thing.

Just kidding. I think that we will do this sometime soon. We are planning on a test track for the forum (upcoming project) and there is no reason to make it too complicated. We'll have a 'Top Gear' table of cars online then too.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After about 300 laps of the track, half a can of WD-40 and a couple of smashes, I've managed to bring the time down to a very respectable 5.00 (from 5.32) seconds.

One of my fellow racer's put a controller onto the track while he went off to find his crashed car and the Lister unfortunately clipped the thing with it's front left corner. The horizontal little fin and the upper light cover on the front just flew off never to be found.

I've had to re-grease the drive gears as the white stuff that was supplied on the model 'evaporated'. I'm using a synthetic lithium grease out of a spray can that 'gels' with air contact. Anybody have an opinion on that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts