SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone taken delivery of one of these? As a Lotus lover I'm tempted to place an order for one of these but I've just seen a video on Youtube
& if you go to about 7:22 you can see the the potential problem. Part of the body behind the front wheels appears to have been glued & breaks off when trying to remove the body. Is this intentional or a one off.

Many thanks

Graham Hill

·
ParrotGod
8,580 Posts
The reviewer seems not that familiar with slotcar or scalex.

Anyway, it is not a defect but it is how some cars are made.

The McLaren MP4 and the previous Aston Martin Vantage had body bits that were supposed to stay on the chassis.

So nothing defective or strange.

Now, if I had to prepare this car for some racing or put a 3dp chassis under it, I would remove those bits form the chassis and attach them to the body

·
novice jazz player &
6,492 Posts
Agree with Grunz. Mine was perfect out of the box. The chassis separates as normal and the two front wheel rear arch cowls are correctly and precisely glued to the chassis as per previous releases of the Evora. If one cowl had some unintended glue... I think a simple email to customer care department at Hornby would have taken care of the matter rather than a video recording and publishing exercise.

The car looks great to my eyes...

c

1 - 3 of 3 Posts