SlotForum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
I got my MRE newsletter yesterday and was scrolling through thinking that not many manufacturers were going out of their way to encourage me in 2012.

Then I saw the little black and gold numbers that Scaley's got coming up for Christmas... and was rather cheered.

I don't particularly like the team, or modern F1s, and find that Scaley is too often guilty of building cars fit for the shelf and not much else - but these just piqued my interest.

Of course the motor is silly and they'll only work with magnets in (and if downforce is a measure of success then the modern stepped magnets aren't a patch on the old bricks of 2000-04). It's equally likely that the front wheels will rest on their jewel-like replica suspension arms in such a way as to make the guide redundant, just as they did on my Brawn.

But I shall be buying one anyway - and am looking forward to it!

Edit: Here's the MRE picture:

And here's one I saw earlier this year!

·
Martyn
742 Posts
Yep sure do look good.
I bought the SCX one a few months back, along with the SCX Renault. I guess I will buy this one as well, I put a bit of weight into the nose cone and that does the trick otherwise for me at least the modern F1's do tend to jump out of the slot.

Thanks for the picture.

Athrlyth

1 - 2 of 2 Posts