SlotForum banner

Scalextric Metro Help

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Mr.M 
#1 ·
Scalextric Metro. How do I split the chasis from the body. Easy at the back but not sure at the front and I don't want to break them but loads of force applied. Is their a trick. Any body got a pic of it split so I can see what to do.

Thanks in advance

#3 ·
The tab at the front has a small bump at the lip to help retain it. It can be a close thing between breaking the car and the tab coming out. No easy answer, just pull hard and pray...

#4 ·
The "tongues" on the ends of the chassis that fit into the holes in the shell have a ridge along the bottom edge. This makes them quite hard to release, but if you already have the rear out you should be able to see what I mean. Hold the chassis flat in one hand, then lift the rear of the shell up away from it as hard as you dare and twist the shell left and then right while pushing it forward off the front lug.

It was a bit of overkill by Hornby, so if your planning to have the car apart in the future, it may be wise to shave the ridges off of the "tongues" with a sharp knife. The fact that you have to "spring" the chassis to get it into the body is a secure enough mount.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.