SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Slot City
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scalextric have released pictures of the liveries for the two Mini Cooper S cars that are due for release later this year (one is due soonish). These are pictures of the real cars, rather than the slot cars....

They are somewhat different than those shown in the catalogue.

Pictures are taken from the new Sport Digital brochure. I'll try to get this scanned and posted, though it doesn't contain anything we don't already know.

Jon,
Slot City.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Jon,

These liveries are just digital cars aren't they?

If that is the case, can us non-digital boys easily disconnect the digital chip until we upgrade to Scaley digital?

Cheers

Mark

·
Slot City
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No....there will be standard versions as well. I doubt we will see any digital only liveries for a while, but you never know - it could be a good way to increase sales.

Digital versions of cars are suffixed with 'D', the same as Sport versions use an 'A'.

This means we have the prospect of three versions of the same car next year.

Good news for collectors!

Jon,
Slot City,

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Scalextric have said to me that digital cars WILL run on analogue track. Whether these plans will be realised, and whether this will be achieved via intelligent chip or a switch, I dont know.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The cars are due in November, according to the manufacturers release notes and are the following:

Aaron

·
Slot City
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE Scalextric have said to me that digital cars WILL run on analogue track. Whether these plans will be realised, and whether this will be achieved via intelligent chip or a switch, I dont know.

Sport Digital cars will run unmodified on a standard track.

There is no switch, just put them on a standard track system and away you go.

As regards the release dates, it is the digital versions that are scheduled for November. The standard version of C2564 is due well before that.

Jon,
Slot City.

·
Registered
62 Posts
anybody know if thats what the model of the new williams is going to look like,

i was really hoping for the cool williams front wing, and at for it to be as low as the renault.

Seems to be they have just given last years new motor a paint job, which is a poor attempt in my opinion.

The renault is by far better looking, and a more realistic shape.

Or is that just a standard photo for now?

·
Registered
62 Posts
awesome, that nose cone looks wow!

lets just hope scalextric follow suit,

i do like the scx f1 range, but the body forming and ratio is no where near as good as scalextric,

i might be wrong tho, lets see what this new 1 looks like!

·
Slot City
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The new Scalextric Williams will be the new body shape. Unforunately they haven't updated any pictures, which is confusing everybody. It will also be produced as a Sport Edition - something which is generally now reserved for the first liveries of a new body.

Jon,
Slot City.

G

·
Have a look on the superslot website, it's only in spanish, but there is a picture of the new 2004 BMW Williams, it's the same as the SCX version, with the wulrus look a like front end

·
René 'Vialli' Christensen
4,861 Posts
In Spain SCX = Scalextric and Scalextric = Superslot.
Does that mean taht both SCX and Scalextric releases the "walrus" BMW?

·
Registered
161 Posts
No one's released any pictures of the actual slot cars yet from what I've seen. They're only pictures of the real life car, or artisits impressions.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts