1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Reference No: C3302
Class: Classic
Availability: June 2012

Australian racing driver, Robin (Bob) Holden raced small-engined touring cars throughout his career, racing Peugeots in the early 1960s, establishing a reputation for himself which saw him become a regular part of BMC Australias racing program for Minis which culminated with a victory in the 1966 Bathurst 500 co-driving with Rauno Aaltonen.

The 1966 Australian Touring Car Championship was contested over a single 75 mile race staged at the Mount Panorama Circuit near Bathurst in New South Wales, Australia on Easter Monday, 11 April 1966. It was the seventh Australian Touring Car Championship. From 17th on the grid, Bob finished 8th overall.

The Scalextric model: A finely detailed replica of the Mini has every feature represented as you would expect in this historic model including working lights.

Features: Quick change guide braid plate. Front and rear lights. High detail decoration. Magnatraction.

·
David H
3,724 Posts
Do we have any SlotForum readers with a good knowledge of Australian motor sport? The title of this thread and Scalextric's own website suggest that this model is painted in the livery worn in the single race Australian Touring Car Championship, Easter 1966, but everything I've seen elsewhere on the web makes me think this is wrong. None of the pictures I've found of cars that raced in the Easter race shows a car wearing a class letter; they all display only a number roundel. The class letters were used in the 1966 Gallaher 500 at Bathurst.

As I'm not an expert and my only knowledge of this car is gleaned from the web, which is notoriously unreliable, is there anyone here with firsthand knowledge or printed literature able to say which livery this represents? As it stands, I think it is as worn in the 1966 Gallaher 500, and not the 1966 ATCC, but I'd really appreciate a definitive answer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts