SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
7,841 Posts
To me, a committed non-biker, these will stand or fall on their performance. I can't see
the static model market being strong enough to support the range alone.

If they have got them to run faster than was reported that's good. If that means that
they lean out more on the bends, that is bad.

Uptake may well be strong to begin with...but once folks have sampled iffy running, the writing, as they say, will be on the wall.

However, I am told that MotoGP is big in Japan. Now if these wobbly mopeds excite the orientals sufficiently we could see that market expand and what would expand it more than territory specific models...like some of the wagons in the JGTC!

· Premium Member
7,841 Posts
QUOTE ...nails in the driver's back, so they will not come off.......

Ha, ha! You read that tip here first!

On the question of how good the models are, aren't purists going to bitch about the dangly protuberance housing the bike's mugnut?

· Premium Member
7,841 Posts
Oh, it would be churlish of me to post after this initial feedback... but I can't resist.

QUOTE These are a totally different animal and the performance appears to be superb relative to earlier observations and comment made.

QUOTE It is evident that these bikes run well and provide instant racing straight out of the box...

Okay, so the 7th Cavalry may ride in to Mope's defence again, so further reports may put the lie to the initial impressions posted above and egg may be on my face but I care not: right now I'm just having such a damn good laugh!

[Edited first line immediately after posting - added "initial"]

· Premium Member
7,841 Posts
Dome, when you type in your post, just above the text input box is a list of buttons. Copy the text you want to quote then click the QUOTE button, paste the text, click Okay and you're done.

When you see what the application does, dropping in XML like opening and closing tags, you can then actually just type the quote tags yourself.

· Premium Member
7,841 Posts
Argh!

I'm politically correct only to a point and that point moves with the breeze.

I watched three of these mopeds with stabilizers on Ebay last night. Each received plenty of views (circa 40-50) and each received a single bid and were therefore sold at the start price of £23.99.

Perhaps it is early days, perhaps folks don't know about 'em yet or perhaps there's going to be a storage facility somewhere near Margate shortly moving some Goodwood GT-40 sets around to make space for some MotoGP stock!

How many club racers will have the strength of character to turn up on a race night with one of these and suffer the slings and arrows of their compatriots, pointing out that they don't lean and therefore look odd pootling around corners?

[Edit]
Wankel, no big fan of Mickey Mouse either!

· Premium Member
7,841 Posts
QUOTE And leaning would only complicate things for the slot racer. You are clearly able to judge corners much better if the bike remains upright...

Gee, those kind hearted folks at Margate - always trying to make it easy for us simpletons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.