SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5,404 Posts
I've already said my bit about how lovely looking they are, but I think may be a short lived phenomenon.

What I'd like to see is our inventive engineering types adapting them to make them lean. This could be an extremely interesting challenge. I am sure someone will do it eventually . . . and when they do, it will become even more interesting!
Go for it chaps!

· Registered
5,404 Posts
QUOTE QUOTE and why don't you make a car that handles without a magnet first, (not sidewinder) say inline motor then stick a magnet in it.
The comment could be aimed at any large scale slot car manufacturer and broadly speaking in the market for which their product is geared towards they don't need to.
It could indeed and, broadly speaking and although you may be correct, it would be a bit of a smack in the chops for the enthusiasts if a manufacturer or his representative were to actually put that in print!

Actually, come to think of it, we've seen it happen - AND the prickly reaction.

In fact, I believe the manufacturers care more than that comment appears to suggest and, as you say later, improvements HAVE most definitely appeared and, hopefully, will continue to appear.

I'd like to think that much of the stimulus for the improvements has come directly from forums such as ours. So the original quote is quite legitimate - there is always room for better designed and better built cars.

· Registered
5,404 Posts
Cheers Alan (Scake Racing) and thanks for the post - you're welcome here anytime!

Lots off good info there from the guy who actually ran the bikes and posted the vids.

While I am certain that, given the source, the number will be correct, 83mm does sound quite high -
83 x 18 (scale) divided by 25.4 gives 59 inches.
Pretty close to 5 feet.
Does that sound a bit tall for a crouching rider?
No matter - they LOOK pretty good!

· Registered
5,404 Posts
LOL @ Scale Racing!

I really and truly would never doubt your measurements, Alan - I KNOW you do things properly.
I was just a little surprised at the calculated height based on 1/18 scale and avoiding mentioning the possibility that they might not actually be quite 1/18 scale!!!
You know what these things can turn into on a lively discussion board!!!

Fact is, as there is absolutely NOTHING for these bikes to be compared with, scalewise - at least on a slot track, then the exactness of scale surely can't matter a flying figleaf?
God, I hope not!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.