SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, last sunday the first Scaley Moto GP were shown here in Italy at Pistoia during a Scalextric DTM and Slot.IT national race; I have read the report and who tried them was happy with their performance : they don't lean, but from what I have understand, they slide when braking hard, Valentino' style! Next sunday we too will (hopefully!) try them

· Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Friends, I am an open mind, so I like slot cars and also slot trucks ( and perhaps too many other things! ); I have tried them and I know what I am saying. Slot Moto GP? Why not? I am also an old biker : I love old classic bikes like Guzzi, BSA, Triumph and the like, and not today Japan rockets, but the slot world is different; if they could capture the magic of a racing bike all is OK, so I would like to try.
Another point : since there are only the Scaley models and not "hop-up" parts, it's the perfect way to race without any tuning ( it's a sort of "virgin world"); the best at the controller wins. But I think that soon we will see racing tyres, racing motors, smaller stands with "anti friction" coat or micro bearings at the extremities, pilots with lead shoes to lower the CG, nails in the driver's back, so they will not come off...........

Moreover, as Russel said, the models are very well made and I have to own one (or more...)

Ciao

· Registered
391 Posts
Hi all; yesterday I've bought one, and sunday my 12 yr son used for three or four hours a demo one at our Club, on a wooden track with copper tape, non magnetic!
, and without adding any weight.
Well, he liked very much the model, and keep running lap after lap with or without the pilot, trying to slide in corners, with careful use of the controller ( but my son is a good driver now ). Yes, the model deslotted but was part of the game, and also the pilot flying away reminded full scale races. I think MotoGT models are very different from slot cars and need a careful approach; a boy without any experience will find them difficult to handle, but I believe with some tuning and practice, experts ( like us?) could open a new battlefield; it's the same story with trucks : out of the box they are difficult to handle, but with a little work they are a joy to have and drive.
Btw, who will be the first to offer tuning parts for bikes
? The market answer will show the way, I think.
Ciao

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.