SlotForum banner

Scalextric Pit Crews now available

4K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  fast lucky 
#1 ·
GS have announced the availability of the first of the Scalextric Pit Crew sets.

In Blue firesuits and white helmets they appear as two seperate sets.....one is described as "Wheel Crew" and consists of 3 Jack Men and 6 Wheel Men while the other is called "Fuel Crew" and contains 2 Fuel Men and 6 Wheel Men.
Each set also includes the relevant accessories such as spare wheels, Jack, fuel pump.

Looks like the figures are well animated and will benefit from some matt varnish and some advertising logos to enhance their appearance.

I find it a bit odd though that there should be two different crews instead of one complete set. The two together will cost in excess of £20.00 and you will end up with 12 wheel men !!

I hope Aaron can add pics of them to his 1/32 scale figures review so that we can see them in more detail

See less See more
#2 ·
Hmmmm, seems a bit odd to me too that they release two seperate "teams" yet both in the same colour!

Would have made more sense to me to do one in blue and one in yellow as per the prototype shots. They do look like the best of the current crop of ready made crews (i.e. pre-painted) but i'm glad I didn't pre-order on the basis of the prototype pics.

Personally I think i'll stick with SRA and maybe add a few placcy chaps from the forthcoming Carrera release (if they live up to the pics we've seen so far)

#4 ·
from the description, it looks like the 2 sets are 2 halves of the same team (fuel crew and wheel crew) so presumably there will be more sets in different colours... hope so, for u guys with modern tracks. My track is more vintage so these figures aint applicable

#5 ·
QUOTE (The Muffin Man @ 8 Jun 2004, 14:12)Hmmmm, seems a bit odd to me too that they release two seperate "teams" yet both in the same colour!

Would have made more sense to me to do one in blue and one in yellow as per the prototype shots. They do look like the best of the current crop of ready made crews (i.e. pre-painted) but i'm glad I didn't pre-order on the basis of the prototype pics.

Personally I think i'll stick with SRA and maybe add a few placcy chaps from the forthcoming Carrera release (if they live up to the pics we've seen so far)
where do i see these SRA figures :) also anyone make any 3rd party driver figures that anyone knows of ?

#9 ·
Thanks for posting these pics Seth, they look great but it just needs to be made clear that the pic with the car is showing a pit crew made up of figures from the two seperate pit crew teams so approx total cost to re-create that scene = £30.
According to the description at GS the silver Dallara comes with 6 wheel men and 2 fuel men.

.....and what did the two wheel guys in the bottom pic do to deserve that kind of punishment ???

#11 ·
aaa... scalextric have some odd 'descriptions' going on in places...

the 'real' product according to a closer look at what actually is in the package is better than the description of it...

the 'refuel' set has eight figures (8), two fuel and six wheel men... additionally the set includes the refuel tank with hose and two spare wheels.

the 'tyre change' set has ten figures (10), 3 jack men, six wheel men and one man 'leisurly watching over the rest' (?).... the set also comes with two 'jacks', one 'spade' and two spare wheels.

//peter

#12 ·
We have them at the club. I believe Peter is quite correct as there does appear to be some repeat figures (unlike the SRA 12 man crew which are all unique figures!).

I like these sets. New figures have been a long time coming from scaley and these are nice. They are not the stiff plastic types as these are flexible and rubbery. This can be a problem if you are going to repaint them. In my experience it`s best to wash them in washing up liquid type soapy water.Then coat them with PVA glue and leave to set overnight then undercoat and paint as usual. To finish and protect them I would first gloss varnish them and then apply a thin coat of matt varnish.

#18 ·
QUOTE (Nuro @ 21 Jul 2004, 21:15)I'm looking into investing into some pit crews. I'm looking for about 50 figures, haven't made up my mind yet. These look quite good.
Just remember if you make a Le Mans pitlane, only four guys is allowed to work on the car - after the fuel is done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.