SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From scalextric site:
QUOTE Adrian Norman (15/10/2004 20:00:00)

After the initial launch of Sport Digital (Oct/Nov 2004) we will then begin to develop the range. Hopefully, a Pit Lane first - being by far the most requested single item!

Missed this reply to a question, and haven't seen it reported before - but the first public statement I have seen stating Scalextric's intentions on this accesory!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Don't take it as a cue to flog the old ones just yet!

Adrian's quote indicates to me that it would be part of the Sport Digital range. This could mean that it is a turn-off to a single lane entry / single lane exit track (just a guess!) and not necessarily a two-lane pit that is compatible with existing Sport or classic track.
In which case your classic pit-lane may still be sought after by the owners of non-digital layouts.

I'll give you a tenner for it!!!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
It would not surprise me in the least if Scalextric develop something that offers the flexibility of creating a four lane digital circuit or a pit lane or a reslotting lane or a junction giving drivers a choice of routes but lets wait and see.

As the range of interesting digital exclusive items develops then folk may be drawn to this segment of the hobby in ever increasing numbers. This is something that is not going to go away in my view.

And remember that the starting point is just £110 or so and you are in if you already have a set! It makes you think about how popular digital racing could get doesn't it?

Cheers
Moped

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.