·
DT
5,195 Posts

Reference No: C3194
Type: Single car, crystal box
Class: Endurance
Availability: March 2012

History
Driven by Charles Kwan to an Asian Carrera Cup series victory in 2003 and became the first champion of the inaugural Porsche Carrera Cup Asia Series. Charles also finished 3rd in the 2004 Porsche Carrera Cup Asia Series.

The Porsche Carrera Cup Asia blasted off the starting grid in 2003 and has never looked back. Joining the family of hugely successful Porsche "one make" series, it has quickly become the premier sports car series in the region, with a massive fan and media following.

The Carrera Cup Asia offers extremely exciting racing across the whole Asian region and is truly international with competitors from all over Asia, as well as Europe. It represents a combination of experienced touring and race drivers in addition to ambitious and talented gentlemen drivers.

Features
Magnatraction with two magnet positions for driver choice. Front and rear lights. Side-winder motor. Quick-change braid plate.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
How long are they going to keep flogging this particular dead horse? A 996 GT3 was the first modern Scalextric car I bought many many years ago and this particular 1:1 car is two generations out of date, three if you count the 996 facelift! Still got the crappy Mr. Blobby driver as well...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, there is number 45 of the Scalextric Porsche 996 GT3R collection and I will add this one as well to my collection to keep it complete. I was curious whether Scalextric really changed the nose of the 996, but this one is like the others of the third generation Scalextric 996 Porsche.

For those interested in the blogarticles, they can be found under this label: Scalextric Porsche 996 GT3R

·
Registered
177 Posts
Not a big fan of the 996 styling, but I have to admit, I recently started running one of the cars in NY Yankee livery that I had sitting in the box for a few years, and I'm very pleased with its performance on my Carrera track.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.