SlotForum banner
201 - 220 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Slowly sideways is frequently much more fun.
Blasting around the club's six lane 100 foot wooden track in NSR, Scaleauto, Mrslotcar,Revoslot, Thunderslot ,Slot it etc can be a blur.
Old SCX F 40s and 911s ,even older Scaley Muria,Mirages and P4s is better, but think that the type 1 to 5 C7 mini coopers are for me at least a hoot.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
The dark green car was 1 of the first few Porsches that I bought as a teenager, encouraged by an old cable TV programme about Scalextric (I have the VHS tape of the show) that said it was collectible so when it turned up at a local model shop I bought it as soon as I could.

Very true Tangerine, that's why I'm a fan of the Pink Kar Beetles as well. I find the slower pace to be more fun as you can also enjoy the spectacle of the car itself as it drives around the track.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
The silver RSR was sold individually in a silver collectors box with an A5 size certificate. I think they made about 3000 of them. They aren't easy to find at a reasonable price, I've been watching 1 on Ebay for months with a Buy It Now price around £55 so I got Santa to bring me mine from a different source.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Carrera made a model many moons ago and a retro release.
Scalextric as I think Meccano France made the car,as a stand alone model and as a red or silver set car.
Think Le man's miniatures made a model about nine or ten years ago as well.
All the above are 1/32, the actual car came pretty close to winning LM in 1974.
Bought the Carrera silver car many moons ago, the silver ,red and yellow cars ,I picked up on a business trip to France about 1990, they were in the shop in the car museum off the motorway near Cannes.
After the works Carrera RS cars of 73, then these RSRs of 74 Porsche came back in 76 with the 935 and 936, a new story started.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
I can't explain why but my favourite is this green one taking the chequered flag. View attachment 291239
Yep, this is probably my favourite too Matthew, the shade of green being very slightly different to how it appears in the photo. I must get mine chipped ready to run with the others, i.e. chipped. My second favourite is the blue and yellow Dunlop.

·
Registered
13,952 Posts
A new 935 K3 expected from Carrera's 2022 list, including Jaegermeister livery. Likely to be snapped pdq I imagine, despite the enormous percentage increase in price.

201 - 220 of 258 Posts