SlotForum banner
221 - 240 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Don't know if the red and yellow cars were available separately, mine came in a set,with single track section and turbo button on the throttles for instant full power.
Bought the set as new old stock,from the motor museum by the Autoroute in the hills behind Cannes, also in stock and purchased at the same time was a similar set with the Matra 670 and Alfa 33 in it.
My silver car came from a Donnington toy fair, nice models for their day

·
Greg Gaub
16,856 Posts
(Edit: I realized this was in the "Scalextric" Porsche thread, so will note that one of the bodies that contributed to this project was a Scalextric. :)

With much thanks to John Kit of Scale Car Garage, I'm finally going to get my holy grail in 1/32... The Porsche 935 Turbo Martini #4. He had to cobble together at least two bodies to get the right parts together into the one.

Vehicle Hood Toy Aircraft Automotive design

He'll be sending that (with full interior) along to Dennis Samson for a custom brass chassis of his own design. Eventually, if he's still in for it, the body and chassis will then go to Chris Walker for the paint and decal work.

I'm so exited that this project is moving along nicely, and will probably need new pants after it arrives. ;-) Here's the end goal, in case you missed it...

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
David Moss
472 Posts
I'm sure plenty of you have seen these posted before by me but, as an ex-graphic designer, I have worked on reliverying a few of the cars I had as a kid. They are cheap on Evilbay and with a bit of love I can make them into a level playing field for a race on my home track (which now has to wait for the attic to be re-enforced before I can start building it again, in a new house). The old sidecar models are finished except for being chipped, the Minis are next but them will be the Porsches.

Here is what I have designed so far and a few of the 'inspiration' liveries for those yet to be worked on. Hope you like them.
Automotive parking light Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Mode of transport

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
(Edit: I realized this was in the "Scalextric" Porsche thread, so will note that one of the bodies that contributed to this project was a Scalextric. :)

With much thanks to John Kit of Scale Car Garage, I'm finally going to get my holy grail in 1/32... The Porsche 935 Turbo Martini #4. He had to cobble together at least two bodies to get the right parts together into the one.

View attachment 298020

He'll be sending that (with full interior) along to Dennis Samson for a custom brass chassis of his own design. Eventually, if he's still in for it, the body and chassis will then go to Chris Walker for the paint and decal work.

I'm so exited that this project is moving along nicely, and will probably need new pants after it arrives. ;-) Here's the end goal, in case you missed it...

View attachment 298021
How goes this project? It would be nice to see the slot car model finished 😀

Cheers

·
Greg Gaub
16,856 Posts
I believe the full body kit has been sent to Dennis for his chassis work. I do not yet have an update on that, and I am not placing any pressure on anyone about it. When there's an update, I'll post it.

221 - 240 of 258 Posts