SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

i would like some advices on R1 and pacer cars. I find interesting to have 1 or 2 R1 track pieces along with R2 and R3 but is this suitable for pacer cars? Should I avoid them completely? What about the R1 hairpin?

if you race most of the time with pacer cars, what's your thoughts and opinion about this?

Thanks for your help and feedback.

Best Regards

·
Circuit Owner
5,960 Posts
If you run a pacer with two magnets (with Scalextric cars just use both magnet positions) and at a speed suitable for R1 then it will be quick in the corners and slow on the straight. This will be easy to beat with a standard car BUT if you race without magnets then you will find it more of a challenge to beat the pacer.

If you lack borders then pick the inside lane (or mostly inside lane) so you have room to slide.

Your user name suggests digital so try running a pacer in each lane and this will test your ability to read the race and improve your use of lane changers and race craft.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
I would say avoid R1's, if your using fixed speed pace cars (which imho are the only worthwhile way to run pace cars) the speed they can be set is relevent to the sharpest corner, R2's would be the max I would use. As Mr M has said stick some magnets in the pacers and put on the grippest tyres.

Dave

·
Banned
1,694 Posts
Using C7042 and RMS you can record pace cars in sectors allowing you to speed up and slow down the cars for R1 corners, with some effort you can get stunningly fast and accurate pacers set.

Also use cars that have strong magnets in them, I use three mini countrymen mainly as pacers as they are fast and stick to track like glue with magnets

I run a pacer digitally one per lane (no lane changing), and a third set to random lane change and I race against the three of them.

Or you could set the cars so they go reasonably fast and use a small piece of tape to cover rail a little before the R1 corner forcing car to slow down as it's temporarily 'lost' power when guides pass over the tape.

EDIT: - look at the YT link at the top of my signature below, in that video you can see three pacers running, the Trofeo/Quattro stay in lane and the blue mini changes lane randomly, in the video you can see it's a beast as it catches and overtakes the other two cars easily. Normally I would race a 4th car but was too busy filming. Great fun!

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
If you are using a "fixed speed" car you could always use the old trick of a length of sticky tape over one of the rails before the R1 corner to cut the power, and thus the speed of the car as it enters the corner.

·
ParrotGod
11,090 Posts
It also depends if you want to use the pace cars for creating traffic or you want them to be somewhat competitive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.