SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
721 Posts
QUOTE 4) Cables will be silicon.
One of the most common mistakes on the planet:

silicon (sîl´î-ken, -kòn´) noun Symbol Si
A nonmetallic element, second only to oxygen as the most commonly occurring element in the earth's crust. Occurring extensively in silica and silicates, having both an amorphous and a crystalline allotrope, and used doped or in combination with other materials in glass, semiconducting devices, concrete, brick, refractories, pottery, and silicones. Atomic number 14; atomic weight 28.086; melting point 1,410°C; boiling point 2,355°C; specific gravity 2.33; valence 4.

Taking all above into account, plus the fact that is extremely brittle, silicon is undoubtedly among the very worst candidates as an electrical cable or wire in a slot car (or anything else)!

Just to put Moped's apparent 'revelations' into proper context and perspective, this whole subject area, complete with information link sources was initiated here by Fast Lucky a couple of weeks ago. Let's give credit where it is due.

Well worth revisiting
SlotForum Original Source

· Registered
721 Posts
QUOTE I imagine that what was meant was "silicone",
I would imagine you are dead right Fergy!

It would seem that facts and imagination are apt to confuse certain modes of transport.
If there had been a tongue in cheek smiley, I would have used it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.