Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just done two special reliveries for a Gulf Air promotion I thought some of you might like to see. They were promoting sponsoring the Grand Prix in Dubai; and were holding a competition in London to win a trip to the GP so asked if I'd reliver a couple of cars into their colours. I've attached a picture of the results.

Regards, Mark

·
Registered
420 Posts
ok - they look fantastic - but
you are a little thin on the information here
mmm
aah - I am just not competent enough - so what is the original car used and how did you create this piece of art?

//peter

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They started off as Scalextric Toyotas. I wet sanded down the Tampo printing with 800 grade paper then sprayed the bodies grey primer first, then white primer, then white colour, masked it up and then the gold. The grey primer was put on first because white primer tends not to hide strong colours like red.

The artwork then decals I made myself using Coraldraw and then printed on my OKI printer.

Hope this is the detail you wanted!

Regards, Mark

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Beautiful work, as ever,Mark!

Did you win the competition? Gulf Air had a reliveried Arrows on display, that was painted almost exactly like the livery you proposed:-

Here's a picture of me standing in front of the car!

And one of a Gulf Air A340 doing a low-level fly past....

With kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Russell, you were there, was it good? But Gulf Air must be the competition for you aren't they?!

All I had to base the decal design on was the picture I show at the back of the two cars, nothing else. There was some slight concern about the livery on the barge boards of the slot car as the picture and the 1:1 car you show (which was an Arrows I beleive) didn't have them! In fact I ended up repainting the barge boards white!

I didn't go to the event in London where the competition was held but understand it went well and they certainly loved the (slot) cars.

And yes, it was nice to get a comission.

Talking of a competition, I read in Autosport that all entry tickets to the GP had a competition ticket to win a real Ferrari 360. It was won by a 15 year old girl. Russ, if you have the daughter who won you must be talking really, really nice to her right now!!

All the best, Mark

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Thanks for filling in the details, Mark. It was a great event -- Bahrain did themselves proud.

"But Gulf Air must be the competition for you aren't they?!"

Nah!

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tell the guys at work that if they want to commission some slot car reliveries my rates and quality of work is pretty keen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best regards, Mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts