SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

Was thinking of buying the Scalextric RMS and wondered if anyone had some first hand experience with it and what it can and can't do as there doesn't seem to be a great deal of info on the Scalextric site.

Also if there any reviews posted on it around the place?

Cheers

Was

·
Matt Tucker
3,561 Posts
I use RMS and have no problems with it - ensure you download the last patch from the sclextric website. You can plan your track, keep you car inventory, have little pics of the racers, to time qualifying, single races, championships. Basically it meets all my home racing requirements. Times to 100ths of a second. Need to put the trigger swithch track prior to a corner at which you break so the guide will definetly trigger the switch and ensure its totally flat. If some guides don't trigger the mech a bit of guide stretching normally resolves the issue.

However they are not going to develop it further as Sports World is the next incarnation although this will have much more functionality and rely on IR technology rather than a switch mech.

I'd advise you read up on sports world (check out Nuros London toyfair review on this site) and if you feel its a bit over the top investigate RMS otherwise I'd advise await sports world.

Matt

·
DT
5,195 Posts
I agree with all that Matt has said.

I use RMS on my 4-lane home layout. I actually got back into Slot-cars due to the availability of the RMS system.

It works fine for my needs and adds allot of fun to the racing experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts