SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am intrested in buy the scalextric rms, but all my track is the new sports track. All the rms systems I have seen for sale require the adaptor track. My question is do scalextric make the rms track with sports connectors on both sides so you dont need the adaptor track. I see some of the new sports sets come with the rms?? Do even these come with the classic and sports style rms track when all the other track in the box will be sports??

Thanks
James

·
Registered
90 Posts
I picked up the RMS set on eBay for a bargain $15 and it has sport connectors on both sides. I suspect this was from a Sport set that the seller broke up and sold the individual pieces. I think if you buy the RMS set seperately it comes with sport and classic connectors and I adaptor piece so you can use it whatever configuration you need.

I would pay some attention to what PC you're going to use it on. On my desktop (a 1.3GHz AMD Athlon) it runs great but on my old laptop (a 500Mhz Pentium 2) it's so slow to be almost unuseable.

·
Matt Tucker
3,561 Posts
If you can pick up RMS for a bargain then do so. If it comes with a connector it just means you will be able to connect it to either Sport of Classic directly although you'll need the equiv of 1 full straight pice. Also download the latest version from scalextric.com which irons out a lot of bugs.

However worth reading and thinking about digital and sportsworld. Not yet released (expect Nov/Dec time) but if you want these they would make RMS obsolete (sportsworld is the next evolution of RMS but a completley diff product).

I use RMS on a PII 233mhz win 98 and while it is not lightening fast going between diff settings it works fine and is more than adequate for my needs.

Matt

·
Registered
153 Posts
hi

i was interested by rms too, but i would like some more information that i don't find in the scalex site!
- what is the detection : mecanic swith, optical, electrical?
- what are the function : race, training, i saw that you have a "pit" space on the track : is there a fuel consumation simulation?

would you recommand it to me?

thank

elicend

·
Matt Tucker
3,561 Posts
Mechanical - some issues with detection with certain guides - normal tweak if this is an issue is to squeeze the guide so its a bit longer.

Functionality: track planner for sport and classic; hold pics of drivers; pics of your cars; qualifying mode - times alternate laps; race mode: set number of laps/time and race; race in championships and rms auto sorts out approp order; gives total time of race and fastest lap (not individaul laps). Stores fastest lap against particualr track. You can also introduce compulsory pitstops and when called you have to stop for about 15 seconds before crossing the rms section - if you do cross it you get a 1 lap penalty (same as if you jump the start).

Pit stop timing nor length of pit stop is not determined by any fuel consumption logic.

Matt

·
DT
5,195 Posts
You should have bought it 2 years ago. It's a great piece of software. I've had good fun with it (for the last 2 years).

Now it's time for SportWorld or Sport Digital. They both use the new software. It may also be availabe as a stand-alone product, an upgrade to RMS and used with the current RMS track piece.

Look at the new software here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts