SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scalextric "The Italian Job" sets are half price to clear at any Marks and Spencer that has stocked these sets for Xmas.

Formerly £79.99 they can now be picked up for £39.99.

They include the complete "BASH n CRASH" circuit with 2 "Italian Job" cars including the red Cooper "S" Mini.

I picked up mine today. They are selling out fast and my local store in Bournemouth has sold out.

As compensation if your store has sold out, pick up a Carrera alarm clock for £9. There are loads of these left.

These Scalextric sets are the bargain of the year and I would recommend getting to your store at the open tommorrow to give yourself a chance if they have a set as by lunchtime they will all be gone.

They are there to be sold so they had just as well go to a SlotForum member as that will guarantee them a good home!

I don't know if the M & S website is still selling them?

Moped

·
Dave Kennedy
541 Posts
It figures, wrong side of the globe to take advantage of that deal....

DK

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
Figured this would happen: retailers having a bad time of it, saw a big untouched pile at my local M&S (several days before Xmas admittedly), the Argos Carrera thing. It all looked good for post Crimbo bargains.

I'll pass too, for reasons given above.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
That set at that price is a great bargain for anyone who needs a decent amount of low priced Sport Track or the cars. If they happen to want both, then it's at least as good a deal as the Carrera sets, arguably even better. For those reasons, I could easily be tempted, though I hate the bash and smash concept.

·
Registered
448 Posts
We went to the M&S in Camberly (down south), and they all sold out yesterday. None available anywhere else in Hampshire either as far as I know

Shame really, cos I wanted some more track and the two cars aswell.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe Dorset is sold out of these aswell. I enquired at a local M & S to be told that all local stores had sold out in the Weymouth and Bournemouth area.

There were not too many of these left after Xmas so you will be lucky to get one now. Those of you who are not keen on the idea of one of these sets should consider getting one if you can and putting it the loft as a future collectable or as a Xmas present for a relative next year.

It is not very often that St Michaels sell Scalextric sets after all, and the Hornby "Royal Train" set sold through M & S is now fetching a 50% premium on Ebay.

Moped

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Not often I actually agree with the Mop, but, in this case, most definitely!

I deliberately stayed out of town today to avoid yet more temptation, but Monday might be a different story . . .

·
Registered
448 Posts
Got one!

At our local store (Basingstoke), the last one left. Unfortunatly it has been used and the mini's are not in exactly brilliant condition, but got a discount- a whole set for £26. Not bad!

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
wow that sounds better value than the carrera sets at £30
£10 more for more track and some nice cars
just hope there not all sold out before tommorow

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yes a good deal. I did not know Moped had posted about this and was in my local store having a look round and stumbled on a set. They only opened up on Saturday and then I noticed they had about 8 sets in the sale. Needless to say that was where my vouchers went plus another hit on the card as I got a couple of extra sets for mates after a quick couple of calls on the mobile. No sets were left at the end of the day but a few Carrera Sound of Motors rebadged for M&S (and I must say done well IMHO) but only the Mercedes, F1 Mac's and Mustangs left.
Did see a 1:43 Artin set in Burtons of all places, half price at £10 if that is of any use to any Artin fan!

CB

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Mo55man. Just seen your reply. No problem at all. Not a bad little deal we got there. If only my bargain hunting was as good as your racing!
All the sets went in one day for the record.
Lastly, Welcome aboard SF.

CB

1 - 14 of 14 Posts