SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Behave.

So, earlier today I was dropping my XK at a local garage for some work and they had a gorgeous sleeper of a Lister XJS sitting in the corner, quietly waiting its turn. I knew Postie had a delivery to make today from the Lancashire Lad and was delighted to get back and find it by the front door and I crossed my fingers there was a smaller XJS inside.

Nice. She looks mighty long and a tad narrow but someone will say she's close to scale, I'm sure. Euro-standard hubs but even suitably booted I suspect she'll not challenge in our Scalextric class - should we ever return to racing - but that is not going to stop me fielding her.

Congratulations to Simon and team. A cracking looking big cat. Just needs that 635 to chase it, really :cool: .

I feel a new obsession coming on - can't wait for the green machines!

·
Banned
6,578 Posts
Yes thanks to Simon and the rest of the design team… the model does indeed look very nice… actually far far nicer than the pre-launch photos - great job - so how many different liveries are we likely to see in the 2022 catalog?

c

·
Registered
12,046 Posts
Wankel's use of the French pronunciation of Jaguar in the headline of this thread casts my memory back to Le Mans, 1988. Sitting in a bar on the outskirts of the City prior to the race, I asked a number of French chaps present if they thought Porsche were going to win again.

Two most emphatically shouted: "Non, Monsieur! Shaguar!"

This was followed by everyone in the bar breaking out in support of TWR by chanting: "Shaguar, Shaguar, Shaguar..."

'Twas an unbearable, but amusing, racket that went on and on...

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Geez. I thought that was going to be a Beetle anecdote.🙄

I keep meaning to take a snap of my Spirit 635 next to the Shag' because somebody has scale issues! Issues, with scale. 😬

Make that a plus one for a decent, inline, SD1, Simon.👍

Reactions: CTK

·
Electric model car driver
1,628 Posts
Yes a 635 would be nice considering there are plenty many folks who aren't particularly fond of Beemers who would go for this and I would be one. An XJS without a 635 is like a Mustang without a Camaro.

·
Registered
226 Posts
of course BMW 635 would be nice, but there was already the Spirit one... Volvo 240 turbo, Rover SD1, Alfa Romeo GTV, Mercedes 1902.3 16V, Alfa Romeo 75, BMW 3 Series E30 (not M3) - even BMW 5 Series, lot's of cars and liveries!

·
Slot King
3,145 Posts
Wankel's use of the French pronunciation of Jaguar in the headline of this thread casts my memory back to Le Mans, 1988. Sitting in a bar on the outskirts of the City prior to the race, I asked a number of French chaps present if they thought Porsche were going to win again.

This was followed by everyone in the bar breaking out in support of TWR by chanting: "Shaguar, Shaguar, Shaguar..."

From my admittedly limited experience I can definitely confirm that "the French" do not say Shaguar. Although the different pronunciation/inflection of the "j" might lead foreign ears to think they do.

Joel

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Yes, i've yet to put my Spirit 635 next to an XJS, but i suspect the BMW is a bit more 30th then 32nd!

All i can say is, roll on January :) 2022. And 2023.

Enjoy the Sha....Jaguars!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts

That is proof of the difference between public audience among sports, in a football game being in the wrong side of the stadium or worse, in an opposite teams pub/bar, would have mean to being punched really hard to say the least, so my impression of motorsport fans is that they are far more civilized that can share a race with other teams fans without going crazy. The worse conduct I have read about was the tifossi throwing stones at the Porsche cars at Lemans in the old days(what the f***).

Cheers

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
That is proof of the difference between public audience among sports, in a football game being in the wrong side of the stadium or worse, in an opposite teams pub/bar, would have mean to being punched really hard to say the least, so my impression of motorsport fans is that they are far more civilized that can share a race with other teams fans without going crazy. The worse conduct I have read about was the tifossi throwing stones at the Porsche cars at Lemans in the old days(what the f***).

Cheers
They used to paint the foreign cars red for the Mille Miglia and the Targa Florio, so the spectators would think they were Italian cars 😊. In the 1965 Targa, a wheel came off the (green) Ford GT Spyder. A fan hid the wheel nut until persuaded to give it back! Ferrari won anyway……
Mike

1 - 20 of 52 Posts