SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hi Alaska,

Replacement parts can be sourced, parts that spring to mind are:

Replacement helmets for both the riders (generic colours - may require a repaint).
Front wheel bracket/holder.
Tyres for the later version (magnet version Red or Yellow/Power Rangers) use the same tyres as the early 90's Scalextric Group C Le Mans cars such as Sauber Mercedes/Jaguar XJR 9/Porsche 962.
Replacement motors/pinions/axles easily come by.

The earlier versions (1980+) Silver & Green/Red use small (front) wheel Superslix tyres for classic F1 cars and Saloons from the seventies/early eighties the bikes do not have magnets unlike the later early nineties versions.

Tyres, the choices are originals sourced from certain slot car retailers or Ortmann (repro tyres) which are super sticky I do not have the web URL though.

I am not sure what type of sidecar you have purchased, however when you receive the sidecars if you have any further details or queries, shout.

U.K. retailers that can help source parts:

www.slotbug.co.uk
www.pendleslotracing.co.uk
www.scalemodels.co.uk

Best wishes,

Jamie

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you want a bit of fun with your sidecars.Fit a rectangular super magnet.Ideally the ones that come in Fly Vipers.It fits almost perfectly into the old magnet hole.

It will turn the sidecar into a rocket which is pretty much unbeatable more importantly very amusing when it goes round your track.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've got a few of these. I fitted a pair of older ones (green/black and red/black) with a scaley button mag which required a wee bit of grinding to do. Makes quite a difference. The newer ones come with a very weak magnet and bigger wheels to give more ground clearance (because of where the magnet is fitted). The gain in magnetic downforce is almost negated by the rise in the centre of gravity.

Sidecars are inherently unstable in real life and Scalextric did a superb job building this into these slots.

They are also the most indecent fun you can have on 1:1 wheels, any number, any configuration!

Cheers

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts