SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Classic power rail connections are not as reliable and positive as SPORT power rail connections which employ a solid bullet.

This is the crux of the issue. Reliable power continuity is desirable with digital. You may find that your Classic track being the age that it may be does not offer a suitably positive environment for digital. It should be nothing that a soldering iron and solder can resolve on a permanent layout however.

Challenger works on Classic track and that employs a chip so the precedent is there.

Moped

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Disagree on the Challenger point.

Ask yourself why you plug a key into the power supply control plug to keep the power level constant in the lane that Challenger is running in.

If the power is uneven around the circuit then Challenger will not function properly.

Moped

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Yes the key gives the lane full power.

But Scalextric also recomend that the power has to be at constant levels around the circuit. The car has a chip. It has a digital memory.

If the power is not even Challenger performance is uneven.

I cannot see what folk are failing to understand here.

But of course this is a deliberate wind up yet again by the usual suspects.

Moped

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Why could not Astro have said all this in the first place?

My point was that Challenger does require a good and consistent electrical supply to funtion properly. I simply stated that if a circuit is good enough for Challenger then it should be good enough for a digital signal. You never heard me say that Challenger was compatible with Digital.

Intergrale made the point that Challenger works best on the Wrexham Club circuit. That is probably becuase time and effort has been put in to making sure that appropriate power taps are in place and that power is even around the full length of the Wrexham circuit.

There should be absolutely no problem at all if Intergrale wishes to switch to a digital set up at Wrexham. In fact it could all be done very cost effectively. Intergrale could very quickly intergrate the SPORT Digital bits and pieces into the outside lanes of Wrexham and be running 6 cars in those 2 lanes. In fact you could have SPORT Digital evenings every so often as an alternative to analogue evenings.

Moped

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.