SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
7,845 Posts
Gee, folks. I hate to be the one to break it to ya' but these are just mock-ups of the packaging.

If you all get so excited about a few rough artist's impressions then Lord knows what this forum is going to be like when the product actually gets launched.

· Premium Member
7,845 Posts
QUOTE ...I have a sneeky feeling that Hornby are going to subsidise digital kit for the first year or so of launch to get the consumer hooked.

Then shaft the punters after that period? Surely not.

QUOTE Much as I'm moved by Scaley's philanthropy, I rather believe that :
- electronics cost nothing, once they are mass produced
- these are the prices the "toy" market will bear

Ditto.

QUOTE You are probably looking at an extra 20% cost over analogue but looking at a far higher percentage in terms of adiitional fun.

Hmmm...

· Premium Member
7,845 Posts
QUOTE Everyone on here can do it no problem...

I take it you don't own a Scaley L88?

And yes, when you compare the price of a set to the price of a Playstation it doesn't look good. Playstation doesn't take up the whole of the living room floor either!

· Premium Member
7,845 Posts
QUOTE Remember that the "Digital Pro" set up will have a SPORT World type look and feel and will be able to be linked to a PC. There is a lot more to this than just racing cars around a track and it is going to be developed further over the next few years.

And think, how many folks have a PC in their front room, often the biggest room in the house and where the Christmas set up is likely to be?

QUOTE I do find it very strange that those folk here who remain unconvinced (a small minority of club racers) continue to post messages in the digital threads.

No need to be confused, Moped. It is called freedom of speech and opinions are part of what fuel this forum.

QUOTE Further, sales will be made to newcomers who previously would not have entertained buying an analogue slot car set.

What utter tosh. I'll wager there were factors other than, 'you can't run on the same line as your rival' that dissuaded them in the past.

QUOTE Sales are inevitable.

Fantastic. From the master of hyperbole... understatement. So you think they'll sell some then?

Sheesh.

· Premium Member
7,845 Posts
Sorry, Mope. This whole thread is a speculation, and that is all we can do with Scaley Digital at the moment, those images at the top of the thread are renditions and artist impressions.

Don't worry, our speculation and negativity won't dent the share price, duff product does that.

· Premium Member
7,845 Posts
QUOTE However, I still believe that "digital" will "sell" to those already into the hobby than those new to it...especially with the higher price involved with the sets.

Hmmm, do we think that is enough of a market to make it worthwhile? Surely the mass market, the Christmas market, is the one that they should be tilting at? Are the slotheads and hobbyists that populate these boards a big enough market, I can't think that Margate wants to exist on selling decoder chips.

· Premium Member
7,845 Posts
Hmmm, okay, they are only 'renditions' of product and so not to be taken as totally representative but does anyone else think it odd that this packaging shows mostly the new, low detail, not so frail as the rest of the line up, cars: the Boxster and the TuT?

I mean, an out and out cynic might suggest that they were expecting more pile ups, more broken bits, so stuck in the cheap and cheerful Tonka toy cars to ensure they last from at least Christams Day until New Year.

Is that what will be in the £150 sets? All that dough and you get low res cars? Nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.