SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,547 Posts
It was actually the E Final Andy.

I will not be held responsible for starting that... Mick will, wont you.

well you want a reason why it'd be useless?

1, it's expensive to replace track, it also is not 4 lanes
2, you have to have the little sensor thing in everycar.. I have 250 cars
and in todays world and as the Streets say it, A Grand dont come for free, so more money.
3, got to have micky mouse controllers which burn out more money
4, time when it f***'s up

At the end of the day, who's the winner? he aint on track oh no he's sitting at home laughing, laughing because we had to spend so much money buying stuff.

End of story guys

Inte

· Registered
2,547 Posts
actually.. I had already thought about the chip situation.. but i'm a lazy f*** so I would want a chip for each car.

Racing rules, have you ever seen a kid take any notice? I der der doubt it, and if you enforce anything light then they will carry on anything heavy they will leave. It's all down to patience which some people just dont get in my world especially buses tractors and any other slow moving sod in my way including kids on the track

So Xlot, being as you are defending this digital malarky.. why not proove me wrong? send me a system that works, if it doesnt work I get to keep it and do whatever I like if it works you can have it back and I will give good press

· Registered
2,547 Posts
step into the real world guys.. where scalpels in finger hurts and aint funny, where soldering iron burns are noticable until you take the iron away, where grip really does run out in turns 1 2 and 3.

£150 for a set.. now then hands up who is going to rush down to the nearest stockist at 80mph just to buy it when it comes out? no one.
It's for xmas it's aimed at the kiddy winkles but what? it's too busy over christmas to use it.. once set up by an adult what are the kids doing? oh there on playstation nah we dont want to play with it now.

So Dad thinks ah screw you kids I'm gonna go have another beer, later on when kiddies have gone to bed and the alohol is in full flow... dur dur dur uncle Bob discovers it in the corner of the room, now your on your way to becoming pissed on the grandest scale you have a laugh on it and discover in a drunken haze it's quite good.. so how familiar is this?

So who's scalextric aiming at? the kids, what they havnt realised is that Dad's are the ones who pay for it all.
Anyway now comes the time for some new cars because originals are donald ducked this is where the story splits..

1) adult see's advert for club.. great lets take the kids!
2) adult see's price and scarpers.

1) happened to one of our members this christmas, saw the ad brought his two sons along, his mate and his mates son. now who comes the club? you guessed it 1 lad and the two dad's.

point being? aiming them at the wrong person. and it's damn expensive

· Registered
2,547 Posts
£150? hmm.. now what would I spend £150 on

I know a sub and an amp for me car.. oh nope done that.. set of alloys for the car, good choise, will last longer than digital and will have resale value!

Inte
p.s anyone know how to get a amp power cable into a mk4 fiesta, I'm foxed!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.