SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can buy a small lead that adapts the scalextric sports plug to the 3 pin plug that they use at club racing??

I have some proffesor controllers with sports plugs I need to keep these for my home track but would like be able to use them for the club track as well.

I need two of these so any links would be great.

Thanks
James

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks FZR That is a great help!!! Will go shopping this weekend for the bits!!

Thanks Again.

James

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
next question,,,,

does anyone know where I can get the 3 pin plugs from?? I tried b&q but they dont sell them, have looked on the maplins website cant see them on there??

Thanks

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Matt Tucker's method is unbeatably practical.

But jimgym brings up a point I was going to make anyway.
Isn't it WAY past time that the 'standard' 3-pin club plug was replaced by a modern type that is readily available off the shelf instead of the obsolete and hard to find things still currently in use?

·
René 'Vialli' Christensen
4,861 Posts
QUOTE (jimgym @ 1 Oct 2004, 19:12)next question,,,,

does anyone know where I can get the 3 pin plugs from?? I tried b&q but they dont sell them, have looked on the maplins website cant see them on there??

Thanks
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got 10 plugs on eBay for £10.00 - 6 male and 4 female plugs.
There should be more of them out there!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just found small diy shop near by that sells em, they do to types small and big,, I cant remeber the size I think they are the smaller type.

Any idea?

Thanks
James

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
pendle stock them and city electrical factors ,there still used for lighting in a lot of places also a lot of the smaller diy shops my local one Dawsons in Clitheroe always has them on the shelf

·
Registered
458 Posts
just ask them for a 2amp mini 3 pin plug, none of the major places do them e.g b&q,wickes all them, you have to get them rom an electricals supplier, but seing as you require and adaptor, pendle do one for £4

1 - 9 of 9 Posts