SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,996 Posts
Should I even be sanding silicon tyres?

don't really think you need to - they are generally true and are very hard to sand

Should I be oiling silicon tyres?

no the oil will only make them slippery.

If you want to upgrade your wheels to metal wheels you are better off looking at wheels from slot.it or NSR - I can also recommend the SCX Pro wheels they seem an inexpensive alternative.

With the slot.it and NSR there are a range of tyres for different track surfaces. I don't run on plastic track so can't recommend which compound is best.

One advantage of the slot.it type wheels is you can fit them to the car without really needing a new axle - a bit of work required as scalextric axles have some knurling on the end. You can buy slot.it axle and wheel kits which have wheels a new gear and axles inc.

I don't change the wheels on a lot of my scalextric cars - I usually upgrade the tyres to urethane ones, that improves the grip on my board track

cheers
David

· Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,996 Posts
Hi Chris
I make my own urethanes - so I either copy the original tyre or find one that suits.

MJK in Australia make some very good urethane tyres. MJK Link Don't know if you can get them in France or the UK though

There is a slot shop in Australia called Armchair Racer (google it) that has a detailed listing of available tyres.

cheers
DM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.