5,195 Posts

BATMAN'S "THE TUMBLER" VEHICLE

From the film 'THE DARK KNIGHT RISES'.

Reference: C3333A
Type: Single car, card presentation box
Class: Film/Fantasy

Availability: 2012 - All areas excluding North America and Australasia

Batman. The Dark Knight Rises.
Every hero has a journey. Every journey has an end. Batman is back in 2012 as 'The Dark Knight Rises' hits movie theatres around the globe. One of the most incredible moments of 2008's 'The Dark Knight' saw Batman's Tumbler wrecked during the chase with The Joker. However, the Tumbler makes a welcome return in 'The Dark Knight Rises'; and this time with a very different look.

Scalextric have recreated the raw power of Batman's explosive and iconic vehicle at 1:32 scale; presented in beautifully designed Limited Edition packaging. From Christopher Nolan; The Dark Knight Rises - the epic conclusion to the Dark Knight Legend.

Features
Magnatraction. Quick-change guide braid. Overall length: 115 mm. Wheelbase: 87 mm.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Its actually 1/32 size, not the same small 1/43ish version from Batman Begins? I do hope so, and it seems to fill out the presentation box very well! But will it be too wide to race against other cars if it is - since that was the reason given last time for the smaller scale? Not that this would be a reason not to get it, just wondering...

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Features
Magnatraction. Quick-change guide braid. Overall length: 115 mm. Wheelbase: 87 mm.

With an overall length of 115mm, that would make it about the same size as the BMW MINI, 113mm, I've seen the first film, the Tumbler in that one seemed bigger. Regards Jason

Here's some specs I found for the Tumbler

Full Specification

•2.5 tons
•9 feet 4 inches wide
•15 feet long
•HOOSIER racetrack tires on front
•4 Rear 44 inch SUPER SWAMPERS, a our wheel drive conversion component
•Jet burner in rear with vector controls for the jet
•Backend flaps for quick stops
•Landing Hook
•Enabled with front-firing machine guns
•Built-in safety link for petrol control
•Built-in fire extinguisher system
•Front wheels on bolted arms for an axel-less front end
•Conventional single axel rear end

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
At true 1/32nd scale would it not hang over the side of the track? I'm sure it is the same mould as last time (Scalex could of done this model then, as the camo version does appear briefly in the first film).

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Is the publicity model broken? It seems to have less winglets on the top than either the old tumbler - and more importantly - the artwork on the box!

I had assumed it would be the same model as the previous release, I was just surprised at the blurb proudly stating it was 1/32 scale.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
I've got this on preorder, I know its not the correct scale but i don't care as it will never see a track, it will just sit nicely next to the black one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Unfortunately this won't be available in the US. If anyone reading this would like to swap some of these new Tumblers for some US only versions of some Scalextric or Carrera products, I'd be happy to trade with you to get my hands on a few of these.

·
Registered
8 Posts
These can be preordered in the USA from 132slotcar.us

Go to the right side of main page, look for "Latest Products", add it to cart, choose "ask for quote" as payment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts