SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a couple Scalextric Porsche 911 GT1's in the late 1990s. I moved and had to put them up a few years ago. I now have a place I can put up a track. After years of sitting in boxes in the attic, the tires are shot and I'm not sure what to replace them with. I had Indy Grips on them, but don't remember the part number and I guess Indy Grips was bought out by Maxxtrac? The size charts for Maxxtrac (and others) of course don't list 12 year old Scalextric cars. Just curious if anyone out there has these cars and has bought tires recently? If so, what brand and what size? Thanks - Joe

·
Registered
973 Posts
You could try RS Slotracing, who can supply Ortmanns, which are pretty grippy on most surfaces. There is also a company called something like Scalextric Restorations or you could try 'Paul's Tyres'. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

·
Digital "Tea Boy"
777 Posts
Hi Joe,

Here is a list of Ortmann tyres:

Ortmann Tyre Reference

They work very well with Scaley and several other cars.

You can also use WASP:

Wayne's Tyres

I just ordered a lot of Scaley JGTC car tyres from him because the Ortmann reference (49a) does not really fit too well on the Scaley JGTC cars.

Hope that helps.

Oh, BTW Welcome to the forum and welcome back to the hobby, exciting times if you're going to go digital!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses! I'll check out the Ortmanns. Thanks for the ASSC link too. Nice site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts