SlotForum banner

Scalextric to Carrera track compatible guide blades

10K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  bswan72 
#1 ·
PREFACE: I have searched the forums on this topic and the posts are old. 6-12 years old. And talk of breakage of guides or going the other direction Carrera to Scalextric.

ISSUE: I have found that all of my Scalextric 1:32 cars (w/Carson chip) that run on my digital Carrera 1:32/1:24 track have difficulty clearing a lane change gate. Specifically, the gate is triggered normally but when the car goes through, if fails to reset the gate. So the gate stays open.

This does not occur with any of my Carrera cars (digital or converted to digital). My Scalextric cars are less than 5 years old including a brand new BTTF DeLorean and all the guide blades appear identical. Which is shorter and smaller than the Carrera guide blades.

QUESTION: Is there a replacement or modification for he scalextric cars to function on a Carrera Digital track? From the SlotForum, there are mentions of B-Nova guide adapters with a Slot.it guide but they are old posts as well. I may email a couple of my vendors to check on this issue.

I would think because of the Scalextric removable braids and disk making the guide blade larger would change this piece to a attached version.

Are there easy kits or adapting existing parts to convert Scalextric guide blades?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
#3 ·
Thanks tatter06

Yes, USA. North Chicago area.

I assume these are inserts to allow a Carrera blade to fit and function?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224029946754

Will allow you to use a different (deeper)guide from slot.it, scaleauto etc.

The depth plate needed is not standard across all scalextric cars though. The original version of this solution (that I know of b-nova) came in a pack of 3; 1/32", 1/16" and 3/32" thickness. Maybe 1mm is the standard for more recent releases.

Just realised you might be in the USA? If so you might be in luck.

https://cloverleafracing.com/product_info.php?products_id=4164

#4 ·
The Carrera blade will only go into Carrera guide systems. I don't think I've ever seen a way to fit that system into other cars.

What you can do with those adapters, though, is install slot.it (or other) guide blades that are thicker and deeper, such as the slot.it wood guide.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks Greg,

I ordered the Frankenslot Guide Blade w/ conversion kit for Scalextric & Slot.it 132 cars and the Frankenslot 1/24 - 1/32 Scale Guide Blade For Carrera 10 Pack

I hope one of these corrects the lane gate issue for my Scalextric cars.

The Carrera blade will only go into Carrera guide systems. I don't think I've ever seen a way to fit that system into other cars.
What you can do with those adapters, though, is install slot.it (or other) guide blades that are thicker and deeper, such as the slot.it wood guide.

Attachments

#6 ·
I recommend getting a set up block. This way you can check the guide depth on your slot cars. Some slot cars will benefit from sanding the front tires down to a smaller diameter to get the guide blade lower in the slot. Thinner braid is also a way to get the blade deeper in the slot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.