Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a pair of scalex TVR T400R's - 69 Harmon/Kardon and the 91 Dewalt. Both were real awkward to open, but on the inside of the Dewalt car, I found a very intersting find.

Its only got a signature on the underside of the bonnet.

Why?
Any ideas

Has anyone else had this with a slot car before?

CoolS

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Is the signature in pen? or in the plastic itself, meaning it was worked into the mold?

I have not noticed on the TVRs or Scaley cars before but most early Fly cars were signed in the mold 'Pingu '98'

·
Registered
446 Posts
I won the DeWalt T400R on Ebay 2 days ago but they haven't arrived yet, expecting them wednesday, so I will take a look for you. It's a beautiful car though.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Swiss - Its actually wriiten in fibre tip, - its quite fine, and looks very chinese in style - (I assume its chinese because its says made in china on the box) Ive given it a gentle rub and it looks quite perminant but it definatly not a moulded signature.

Max -
- it would be great if you could have a look and let me know.

Im gonna grab some breakfast - and then have a look for some batterys for my camera.

CoolS

·
Registered
773 Posts
..."scrapped at Carrera - for Scalextric use only"...

No! Don't get me wrong - the TVR is a nice car!
But not very popular on the continent...

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'll take a look but they are apparently very hard to remove the chassis from so I might not be able to as I could break something. I will try and it should be Ok.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Wow, cool bonus! Neither of mine have writing on them...anyone familiar with the language? I would love to know what it says. Maybe the winning lottery combination?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Probably something Chinese...no idea what is says though!!

I work for Pioneer and we often have Chinese & Koreen parts which have similair writing on them.

Alan

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He he..... love the amusing comments...

Im kinda thinking ..... its the Quality control guy/woman, signing it to say its the one hes/shes checked....

I dont believe it will be anything more than that...

CoolS

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ok. Here goes:

The first sign is a surname: Yang

The second sign is probably his/hers name, but the sign cannot be read.

BTW its written in something called Traditional Chinese, which they use in Taiwan, not around the chinese capitol (Beijing). So it might be a call for help from a Taiwanese caught in a factory!

Morten

·
Registered
446 Posts
Mine hasn't got the writing on it. I haven't taken it apart, I just pekked through the guide hole. There are so many screws and everybody says its hard to take apart. It looks beautful but I haven't been able to test it out on the track-the lounge is currently being used. Tomorrow morning will be testing-I can't wait! It is so annoying seeing it sit there and not being able to drive it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts